Jings - Leggoland

Surely not.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

RANGERS AND THE ENEMY WITHIN

STRANGE events often lead to the making of even stranger alliances.

Perhaps the best example of this occurred in the summer of 1941 when Hitler unleashed Operation Barbarossa, the attack on his previous allies in the Non-Aggression Pact, Stalinâ??s Soviet Union.

The attack by Nazi Germany on the Soviet Union came a year after Great Britain first stood alone against Hitlerâ??s evil empire and it was welcomed by someone who, since it was born, had stood as the Sovietâ?? Unionâ??s greatest enemy and consistently most outspoken critic, Winston Churchill.

After he had embraced the Soviet Union as Allies against Hitler, Churchill faced those who criticised him for doing so, by summoning all the majesty of his rhetoric to announce: â??If Hitler invaded Hell, I would find it in myself to say a good word about the Devil.â?

Rangers supporters would do well to recall Winston Churchillâ??s wise words as they start to seek out and attack the many enemies of Rangers in the wake of the Tax Tribunal finding in favour of their club.

Those fans can do damage to those enemies, just as Churchill knew Great Britain could do damage to Hitlerâ??s Nazi Germany. But just as Churchill also knew Britain, even with its Empire and Commonwealth of Nations, could not defeat the Nazis alone, so too should Rangers supporters understand and admit they need allies to defeat the clubâ??s many powerful enemies.

And chief among those allies is David Murray, someone who many of them view with the same bitter hatred Churchill had for Stalin.

But when Churchill allied himself with the Soviet Union it was not an alliance with Stalin, it was not an endorsement of the evil Soviet dictator. It was the stark reality of realpolitik.

And that is something Rangers supporters should try to understand. By joining forces and wishing well to David Murray they are not endorsing the man, but merely making common cause. By failing to do so, they give aid and succour to those who would seek to further damage Rangers.

Any alliance between David Murray and Rangers supporters would strengthen the cause that is dear to the hearts of the Ibrox faithful and that cause is to bring to heel those who have attacked David Murray, which by common consent means they have also attacked Rangers by dint of the fact that when Rangers did business, the club did it the David Murray way.

It would be an alliance which would make it much more likely that the real enemies of Rangers, BBC Scotland, Stuart Cosgrove, Odious Creep etc, become the victims.

It is a good cause. A worthy one and one which I believe Rangers supporters should rally to with the same will and vigour which this country showed by sending the Arctic convoys through the dark winter horrors and the terror of U Boat infested waters in order to keep the Soviet Union in the fight against Hitler.

Of course there are Rangers supporters who claim Murray is only now turning on his enemies because it is his reputation which has suffered and that he should have been more active in his pursuit of them when he was chairman and when it was the reputation of Rangers which was being damaged.

There is a great deal of truth in that argument, but it is one which denies the reality of the here and how and how best to damage such as BBC Scotland, Stuart Cosgrove and Odious Creep, etc.

And remember, it did not take long after the Allies of Great Britain, the Soviet Union and America had defeated Hitler, for Churchill to turn on Stalin again with his magnificent Iron Curtain speech.

And still on the subject of strange bedfellows. It has been noted that on Twitter, shamed lawyer and well known Rangers hater, Paul McConville, has been conversing with one, Barcabhoy1, who is believed to be David Low, the man who brokered Fergus McCannâ??s takeover of Celtic and who tried to gatecrash the new regime at Ibrox before that new regime was made aware of his Celtic credentials.

Nothing very strange in that, you may think. And likewise, you may also believe there is nothing strange that Matt McGlone, a fiercely anti Rangers, Celtic fanzine editor, should appear on Philmacgiollabhainâ??s Twitter with a tweet which reveals McGlone and Low have recently been out together, drinking.

But it is what comes next which is all about strange bedfellows. For Low is also very friendly with Alan Harris, a former Rangers Trust Secretary who left in the wake of him trying to introduce David Low to a Trust meeting. Harris was then unsuccessful in his attempt to become elected to a powerful position with the Supporters Direct organisation.

Next on Twitter came a Barcabhoy1(Low?) on-line conversation with someone called Alex Mostrous, who is a Times of London journalist, who is also followed on Twitter by Paul McConville. Barcabhoy1(Low?) offered to send a private direct message to the journalist with secret information.

This came after the Times of London published an article which revealed some, but not all, of the Rangers shareholders. Within 24 hours the full list was published on the now totally discredited and disappeared Rangers Tax Case blog.

However, it followed that communication between Barcabhoy1(Low?) and the Times of Londonâ??s Alex Mostrous and the offer to send confidential information to the journalist, which is interesting and gives us a hint regarding what amounts to real and perhaps even sinister bedfellows.

For the Times of London edition of November 2nd published a piece below Alex Mostrousâ?? by line, in which David Low's friend, Alan Harris was widely quoted. The piece also went on to try and link Rangers â?? quite improperly as a matter of fact and a matter of law â?? to new HMRC investigations. Investigations which have nothing to do with Rangers. There may be some who believe such an article was timed to attempt to do damage to Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Brian Stockbridgeâ??s efforts regarding the Rangers share issue. They may believe so, but I could not possibly comment.

What I can say is, it appears to be a weird web, a strange shadowy and sinister network of unusual alliances which seems to work in the manner of those who give every appearance of wanting to damage Rangers.

This is why I would think about offering for consideration a description beyond merely strange bedfellows, or strange alliances.

This may fall into the category of the enemy within.

"Low is also very friendly with Alan Harris, a former Rangers Trust Secretary who left in the wake of him trying to introduce David Low to a Trust meeting. Harris was then unsuccessful in his attempt to become elected to a powerful position with the Supporters Direct organisation."

Is this what happened? Would Mr Hemdani care to comment?

It certainly wasn't the reason he left but he did invite Mr Low to a meeting without consulting anyone else. It led to said gentleman being asked to leave.

On the contrary, I consulted and had the prior approval of the the then Chair, Stephen Smith.

PLG is of course correct to the extent that this was about a year before I resigned from the Trust and had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"Low is also very friendly with Alan Harris, a former Rangers Trust Secretary who left in the wake of him trying to introduce David Low to a Trust meeting. Harris was then unsuccessful in his attempt to become elected to a powerful position with the Supporters Direct organisation."

Is this what happened? Would Mr Hemdani care to comment?

See my answer to PLG. David Low is an acquaintance of mine insofar as we are both IFA's.

I was elected to the Board of Supporters Direct (UK) in June 2010 and Chair of the Scottish Council of Supporters Direct at its inaugral meeting in March 2011 and resigned in April this year. In that capacity I attended meetings of the JAG and was a member of the JRG.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
spacing!

Brahim hasn't been on for a while but he's welcome to reply/clarify what Leggo is saying here. :)

I have been just too busy with personal and business affairs. I'm indebted to a friend for telling me about the Leggoland blog.

I have asked The Times journalist, John Simpson, for a copy of the article referred to and may comment further once I have read it.

he keeps saying fans are the ones who can stand up against the haters and make the difference. he obviously doesnt know our support. we have sat back and let our owners, the authorities and our haters rip the heart and soul out of club for the last 10 years and done nothing about it.

Edited by kuznetsov

See my answer to PLG. David Low is an acquaintance of mine insofar as we are both IFA's.

I was elected to the Board of Supporters Direct (UK) in June 2010 and Chair of the Scottish Council of Supporters Direct at its inaugral meeting in March 2011 and resigned in April this year. In that capacity I attended meetings of the JAG and was a member of the JRG.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems someone has asked Leggat to discredit you publicly.

I wonder who that could have been?