Not quite a like-for-like analysis given that we are not in the SPL this year but were last year.

The only way to have a true comparison would be to take out our attendances last season, then calculate the "non-Rangers" average from last year and compare that with this year.

The whole point though is it's obvious the attendances are down because we are no longer there.

Not quite a like-for-like analysis given that we are not in the SPL this year but were last year.

The only way to have a true comparison would be to take out our attendances last season, then calculate the "non-Rangers" average from last year and compare that with this year.

And that would prove what, exactly? That, had we not been there last year, then the SPL would have been f****d a year before it was?

The point is that we've been told that Scottish football doesn't need us; that Armageddon is a figment of our imaginations; that the fans of the diddy teams would make up the gap.

The fact is that they do, it isn't and they won't.

The SPL is, I'm happy to say, dying a slow and painful death and it's making very entertaining viewing.

Popcorn anyone?

43,652??? From the pictures it seems Celtic on are posting how many tickets they have got left available for purchase rather than attendance.

This one made me laugh. :-)

Ian, if Leggat appears to be able to get the numbers with a phone call it would be great if he would get the definitive list for all their fixtures and calculate their true average.

The whole point though is it's obvious the attendances are down because we are no longer there.

Why would anyone expect that to NOT be the case though ?

When your average attendance is 13,000 and you then take a club out who provide 46,000 every game then it is absolutely GUARANTEED that the average attendance will be down. No bookie would even take that bet.

So what does it prove exactly ? anyone who thought that average would increase from 13,000 when you exclude a club that provides 46,000 every other week quite clearly doesnt get it.

And that would prove what, exactly? That, had we not been there last year, then the SPL would have been f****d a year before it was?

The point is that we've been told that Scottish football doesn't need us; that Armageddon is a figment of our imaginations; that the fans of the diddy teams would make up the gap.

The fact is that they do, it isn't and they won't.

The SPL is, I'm happy to say, dying a slow and painful death and it's making very entertaining viewing.

Popcorn anyone?

No.... It would actually give you a proper, reasonable basis of comparision.

See my post above. When you have an average attendance of 13,000 one season and then replace a club with 46,000 attendances with one that has far less than 10,000 per game (RFC vs Dundee) then it is an absolute STICK on that average attendances would be down.

So the averages that were posted dont really prove anything that we didnt know would already happen anyway. Our attendances are 20,000+ more thanany other club in the country aside from the Tims.... so why would anyone expect that the SPL clubs would be able to cover that ? In some instances you would need SPL clubs to DOUBLE their attendances, and that was never going to happen.

If you were to exclude the RFC averages from last year you MIGHT (not guaranteed, I cant be bothered working it out) find that average attendances are actually up (I doubt it myself, but it is possible) for the non-OF clubs. And if that is the case then perhaps they actually DONT think losing us is a big deal.

If you were to exclude the RFC averages from last year you MIGHT (not guaranteed, I cant be bothered working it out) find that average attendances are actually up (I doubt it myself, but it is possible) for the non-OF clubs. And if that is the case then perhaps they actually DONT think losing us is a big deal.

Well, let me do the leg work for you, ya lazy sod ;)

Comparing average attendances this year to last:

Hearts static

Hibs up by 900

Aberdeen up by 1200

DUtd static

M'well down by 1100

Killie down by 600

StMirren static

ICT static

StJ down by 400

Only the introduction of Dundee and the Dundee derby - and of course, the dishonest figures from Celtic - make it appear that the attendance figures are similar to last season. In reality, they are nothing of the sort.

Hearts are begging their fans to turn out in force for every home game to ensure the survival of the club - and yet they still have exactly the same numbers as they did last season.

Aberdeen had an early season attendance bump when they looked like they might challenge for second. As that challenge disappeared, so did their attendance figures.

Ditto Hibs. As they fade, so will their fans, like snow off a dyke.

Motherwell, St Johnstone and ICT are battling neck and neck for a Champions league spot and all their attendances are actually DOWN on last season!

Replace Dundee with Morton or Thistle next season and include the real figures from Parkhead and we'll see that the SPL will have lost about 20% of its non-Rangers attendance, i.e take us out of the equation and attendances are down by about 15% this season, with things only getting worse for next, with the disappearance of the Dundee Derby and Dundee being replaced by a team with half its support.

I don't think there can be any club chairman or manager so stupid as to think that losing us is no big deal, no matter what rubbish they spout for public consumption.

ICT v BHEASTS Att: 6,175

Killie v Motherwell Att: 4,246

Dundee Hibs v Hertz Att: 6,842

SHEEP v St Midden Att: 7,240

Dundee v Ross County Att: 4,726

Total = 29,229

Edited by ian1964