Just another observation:

SPL Motherwell managed 3649 against SPL St Johnstone whilst SFL 4th Tier Peterhead managed 4855 against the Gers.

Motherwell supporters, like the rest of the SPL, are a joke.

Don't need Rangers eh?

Let's see what the Bank managers say at the end of the season.

Or what SKY & various other sponsors say also. Listening to Liewell last summer is going to be a very costly mistake once the bills start coming thro' the clubs letterboxes post-Rangers SPL.

DAILY RHEBEL'S BOGUS CELTIC FIGURES EXPOSED

THE consequences of the commercial deal which ties Celtic and the Daily Rhebel together – with Celtic paying the Rhebel and calling the tune – was never more apparent than when the paper published average attendance figures.

Goodness knows what sour source these figures came from, but they were far from being official and verified, they bore little or no relation to the facts of the matter and to some, looked suspiciously like a put up job.

Perhaps, some may think, even a scam, in which the Daily Rhebel participated in order to inflate Celtic’s worth and boost the share price of the Parkhead club.

After all, as I revealed last week, Celtic are trawling through the City of London in the wake of Rangers successful share issue, asking why blue chip institutional investors put their millions into Ibrox and not Parkhead?

For according to the Daily Rhebel, the paper which now has Celtic as business partners in a print venture and which lost all semblance of trust from the many readers who have deserted it, the average of attendance at Parkhead and at Ibrox is roughly the same, on the 46,000 mark.

Which is absolute nonsense. And more! These are figures which are absolute bunkum and balderdash. Nonsense which can easily be disproved. Bunkum and balderdash which can easily be exposed as a sham and a lie.

For Rangers attendances this season are freely announced at every match played at Ibrox. Reporters attending Celtic games at Parkhead this season have been frustrated by the culture of secrecy practiced by Celtic, who do not announce specific attendance figures.

Yet these Celtic figures are freely available. All that is needed is for any reporter who is not too lazy, too dim witted or too much in the dark, buttoned up in Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s back pocket, to do their job properly, without fear nor favour.

A phone call to the police will soon reveal the true figures. For police are obliged by law to know how many people are in the ground at any one time when a football match is being staged.

For a start, the 42,000 figure widely reported as the Parkhead attendance for last week’s game against Dundee United is entirely bogus. The true attendance, as verified officially by the Police, was a paltry 27,857. Of whom only 163 were visiting Dundee United supporters.

But that misreporting of what is going on inside Parkhead is entirely in tune with how facts have been distorted and lies peddled on Celtic’s behalf by an apparently fearful and compliant media, led by Celtic supporting BBC Scotland and Celtic’s business partners at the Daily Rhebel. For instance, when Celtic played Inverness Caley at Parkhead the crowd was reported to have been 44,000. Is that the figure the Daily Rhebel used when working out Celtic’s home average?

If so, it is no wonder the Rhebel is so far wrong. For the true attendance, the one which the Police have on record for that match, was 31,155.

When Celtic played St Mirren at Parkhead the true Police verified official attendance was 31,415. And, despite a figure of 44,000 being published by Celtic supporting BBC Scotland when Celtic hosted Motherwell, the official Police figure came in at 31.000.

Do you see a pattern here? Three attendances, officially on police records for three games all coming at the 31,000. Plus one even lower at just over 27,000.

Yet Celtic, who pay the Daily Rhebel to do their commercial bidding, claim that Celtic’s average SPL gate this season is around the 46,000 mark.

Ah, some of my critics may say, but what about the 60,000 for Bareclona and other huge attendances for Champions League games?

My retort is to ask, what about the 13,355, of whom 976 were away supporters, when another cup clash took place at Parkhead, the Scottish Cup tie when Celtic drew with Arbroath?

Of course there are those out there who will still grump and girn, who will snivel and snipe at me from the sidelines. They are the ones who attempted to rubbish my story when I first revealed the commercial tie in between Peter Lawwell’s Celtic and editor Allan Rennie’s Daily Rhebel.

I am afraid that no amount of facts and figures, no welter of proof, no overwhelming evidence which I may produce, will ever convince them. There is nothing I can do about that. And nothing the overwhelming majority of my many thousands of daily readers can do about them either.

Other than to realise that the Daily Rhebel - whose editor, Allan Rennie, once sent a public message to the Rangers Tax Case blogger (remember him) offering to meet him and give him access to what was once a proud independent newspaper - nowadays scuttles through the shadows to do backroom deals with Celtic and tries to make people believe Celtic have a 46,000 average SPL attendance this season, the same as Rangers have in the Third Division.

Despite the overwhelming weight of official evidence which proves this to be a downright, outright lie!

After a weekend during which Scotland’s bard, Brother Burns, has been celebrated, I can think of no more appropriate comment to direct at those who will still disbelieve me, than Rabbie’s pithy statement.

Facts are chiels than winnae ding!

AND......

HOW excellent to see the first interview with Craig Levein since he was axed by the Scottish Football Association.

Moira Gordon’s piece with Levein in Scotland on Sunday highlighted two things. It confirmed that Levein is a man who will always pass the buck and never accept any responsibility for his own shortcomings.

And it also confirmed what a waste of the hard-up Herald’s money the £500-a-pop its erratic managing director Tim Blott showers on Odious Creep for his pisspoor Big Interview in its £1.50p Saturday Herald, which is already suffering sales losses now that Creep is associated with it, actually is

Creep, you may recall, made his Big Interview debit a few weeks ago with a piece on Craig Levein, which was not an interview at all, as Levein refused to be interviewed by Odious Creep, claiming he was untrustworthy.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more it becomes obvious to me that Craig Levein and Odious Creep were made for each other.

Leggat

We should follow on a Celtic tactic and announce we are full every match, or even just make up numbers, see how quickly it's picked up on :)

Personally I think this story shows the media bias more than anything else. This shows the media are willing to print whatever Celtic tell them.

If they are this dodgy over the attendance figures, what else are they hiding?

But why even do it? It's easy to find out the truth.

How many of the reduced fans are using the free tickets Celtic offered? Or the reduced hospitality tickets on groupon or it's equivalent.

This is a fairly large story in fairness. The income difference from ticket sales against their pie in the sky figures will surely show the truth.

average SPL attendance last season: 13,800

average SPL attendance this season: 10.200 - and that includes the cooked figures from parkhead.

If you counted the numbers that really turned up at the meccanodome , the true attendance average for the SPL would likely be under 9,000.

Which looks to me like a 30% fall in the attendance figure for the SPL.

Crisis? What crisis?

average SPL attendance last season: 13,800

average SPL attendance this season: 10.200 - and that includes the cooked figures from parkhead.

If you counted the numbers that really turned up at the meccanodome , the true attendance average for the SPL would likely be under 9,000.

Which looks to me like a 30% fall in the attendance figure for the SPL.

Crisis? What crisis?

Not quite a like-for-like analysis given that we are not in the SPL this year but were last year.

The only way to have a true comparison would be to take out our attendances last season, then calculate the "non-Rangers" average from last year and compare that with this year.