The Buy Rangers Community Share Scheme is live at www.buyrangers.org

Guest lisburnranger

Any dividends would be more than likely re-invested in further shares. It is highly unlikely the shares would ever be sold. In the event they were, it would be up to the members of the scheme as to what happens to their money.

If someone requests to withdraw they will receive their refund from funds held. Shares would not be sold to provide that refund

The General Placing Shares will be issued on 19th December 2012 and all Placing Shares will be admitted to AIM on 19 December 2012.[/i][/b]

Bluedell - You made some very strong comments regarding taking cash on fall pretences and that it was verging on fraud. Would you care to retract those?

The General placing (of the shares of RIFC) takes place on 19 December. Anything that takes place prior to that is irrelevant in respect of the RST scheme (unless I am misunderstanding something). You are buying the share of RIFC. You are not involved in the VCT placing, are you? I believe that you are continuing to mislead potential investors.

Page 1 of the prospectus says "This document which comprises a prospectus relating to Rangers International Football Club plc"

I note that you are still also claiming that there are several non-board members serving on the Finance Committee which appears to be incorrect according to posts earlier in this thread.

RST members who have not purchased a community share will not be allowed to vote as to how the RST uses it's block vote in the club. i.e. votes on issues at the clubs AGM. They will still be able to vote on RST issues such as RST board members, changes to constitution etc.

I guess TB is correct then. I can currently have a view as to the RST's policy in respect of the club but not going forward.

For example the RST membership could currrently vote against the naming rights of the stadium and that would be RST policy. However the buyrangers members could vote for it and that would then appear to be RST policy.

RST members who are not buyrangers members are becoming disenfranchised and will have limited or no say on a large number of RST policies going forward.

What exactly is the point in being an RST member and not being in buyrangers going forward?

Will the RST refund life members given their rights are being taken away from them?

I have another question about pulling out from the scheme, if you don't mind. I heard that if the share price goes up, you would only get back your initial investment. Is that the same if the share price falls?

Yes, pretty much: http://www.buyrangers.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/share_offer.pdf

Edited by Stimpy

There has been a magnificent response to the BuyRangers campaign and the £100k barrier has been broken in just 48 hours. No monetary target has been set for the campaign; it is a long term project with the goal of fan ownership and securing meaningful supporter representation. To put this into context, Swansea City Supporters Trust has secured 20% ownership of their club but this has taken nine years. After a troublesome few years, the Pompey Trust is one court judgement away from taking control of their club using a Community Share Scheme and we wish them well with that.

Representatives of the RST hope to meet with the Club in the next couple of days to finalise the purchase of shares in the IPO. This is indicative of the growing relationship between the club and the RST which we look forward to building upon in the future.

Post - IPO we aim to cement our relationship with the Club further and discuss opportunities for increased supporter representation. In addition, the Community Share Project will remain open and new members are welcome. All monies collected will be used to increase the shareholding held by the Trust and its members.

There has been some discussion as to why anyone wishing to join the scheme has to be a member of the Trust and what the membership fee is for.

· All Trusts charge a membership fee, it can be an annual fee £1 it can be £15, some charge monthly (Hibs is £5 a month). The membership set the fee.

· Income is required to pay Community share scheme set up fees, audit fees, legal fees, membership fees for Supporters Direct, web site maintenance, printing costs and so on.

· To remain registered with the FSA we have to have a legally constituted framework in order to control membership. For regulatory purposes as an Industrial and Provident Society under the watchful eye of the FSA then we need to levy some sort of charge to maintain a suitable level of control over proceedings.

· Going forward we plan to design an online platform whereby members can actively vote on matters throughout the year and help shape policy. We hope to launch this in the new year.

RST Board.

Former chairman, Alistair Johnston, has tonight invested in the RSTâ??s Community Share campaign.

RST twitter page.

Former chairman, Alistair Johnston, has tonight invested in the RSTâ??s Community Share campaign. The investment is welcome and fantastic to see Alistair recognising the importance of fan investment in a collective. We asked if Alistair would like to pass on some words to the Trust members and wider support. Alistair had this to say:

â??Thanks for inviting me to send a message to the guys and gals of the RST which I will do with sincerity and extend to all those in the Rangers family who have been real "supporters", not just fans, of the Club throughout the turbulence of the last 18 months or so. It has been incredible that so many have remained steadfast through the muck and bullets and you and you and your friends in particular should be commended for you vigilance. As we move into a New Year it would be appropriate to remember the watch-wards that I, like many others, had embedded in my mindâ? - "Courage in the face of adversity, Ready, Aye Ready"

All the best.

AJ.