I read the FF thread the other day before going out on my works Xmas lunch and I was genuinely saddened at the hypocrisy and inaccuracies within it - especially from former Trust board members, including it's former chair. It's a real shame that some people - however few - cannot move on from past problems as D'Art suggests. They're as bad as those they continually criticise in many ways.

Of course, B_A's point is also valid and I'm being saying the same for a long time now - both on here and on RM before I stopped having the time to post there. The online squabbles are much exaggerated ( as was Leggo's article IMHO) and don't carry into the real world IMO. We should not allow arguments between a few people online dictate how we as a support work with our club.

To that end we can only hope for improved supporters groups going forward as I don't think any of them have done a great job in many ways. I'd hope that Charles Green has noticed the relative impotence of his Assembly and I hope more Rangers supporters acknowledge the independence of the Trust and why that 'neutrality' should also be preserved as well.

I'd also ask DArt to reconsider his position. I, too, don't have as much time to write in the community but there's nothing wrong with still making the odd contribution. In fact sometimes less is more in many ways!

Guest Bear Able
There's far more important issues than "a few internet blethers".

Over the past year the Trust have had the opportunity to try and organise a complete fan buyout of the club from the administrators, but never looked remotely capable of doing so.

They then set about organising the Buy Rangers Community share scheme to buy shares in the club collectively and what's the situation now as we speak?

What percentage of the club have the Trust got now?

The Trust have always been active in backing a supporter buyout of the club, that's what they are there for. So I would put down; "never looking remotely capable of doing so" as internet blethers.

As for the community share scheme this is the RST's official statement.

The RST is pleased to announce that we have lodged a cheque this afternoon for £250,000 and an application for shares with the club’s stockbroker.

The support for BuyRangers.org has been fantastic and in four short days it has become the largest Community Share Scheme in UK history. There have been nearly 2000 individual investors including Alastair Johnston, 2 Rangers supporting MPs and former Rangers player, and record SPL goal scorer, Kris Boyd who also signed up this morning.

This afternoon we received an email from Imran Ahmad which read:

"Many thanks to you and your colleagues for all your support from Charles, Brian and me. Merry Christmas."

The board of the RST would also like to thank all involved for their support in what promises to be an exciting journey towards fan ownership.

From small acorns grow great oaks.

So..what have you been doing to assist a supporter buyout ?

Edited by Bear Able

As well as being the co-admin of a forum which generously allows the Trust to promote their scheme, I think Zappa also helped the RST with some design work in recent months. ;)

Ok not a massive amount but neither should not contributing mean you can't constructively criticise those who are trying.

The Trust have always been active in backing a supporter buyout of the club, that's what they are there for. So I would put down; "never looking remotely capable of doing so" as internet blethers.

In that case maybe you can refresh our memories and tell us when the Trust looked likely to buyout the club during the administration process?

As for the community share scheme this is the RST's official statement.

I had already read that statement and while I think gathering 2000 investors and £250,000 in shares is excellent work, the bottom line is that I don't think a block of shares below 1% is enough to achieve one of the fundamental targets which is the Trust having a seat on the club's board.

So..what have you been doing to assist a supporter buyout ?

I assisted Jim Orr with some graphic design work for the Community Share Scheme.

Guest Bear Able
In that case maybe you can refresh our memories and tell us when the Trust looked likely to buyout the club during the administration process?

I have the kind of memory that cannot recall something that has never happened eg; the Trust attempting to buy out the club during the administration process. I do not recall either, the Rangers attempting to lift the Champions League Trophy while in administration. Such things are ambitions and surely without ambition we are nothing?

It is the struggle we live and breath for?

I had already read that statement and while I think gathering 2000 investors and £250,000 in shares is excellent work, the bottom line is that I don't think a block of shares below 1% is enough to achieve one of the fundamental targets which is the Trust having a seat on the club's board.

2000 Rangers fans joining the RST community share ownership scheme is a major step forward?

I assisted Jim Orr with some graphic design work for the Community Share Scheme.

Nice one. Internet thing?

Guest Bear Able
]As well as being the co-admin of a forum which generously allows the Trust to promote their scheme[/b]' date=' I think Zappa also helped the RST with some design work in recent months. ;)

Ok not a massive amount but neither should not contributing mean you can't constructively criticise those who are trying.[/quote']

Is there anything exceptionaly generous about internet bears giving two minutes of their cyber time to aknowledge the Rangers Supporters Trust, and other official fans groups volunteers, hard graft in the real world?

I read the FF thread the other day before going out on my works Xmas lunch and I was genuinely saddened at the hypocrisy and inaccuracies within it - especially from former Trust board members, including it's former chair. It's a real shame that some people - however few - cannot move on from past problems as D'Art suggests. They're as bad as those they continually criticise in many ways.

Of course, B_A's point is also valid and I'm being saying the same for a long time now - both on here and on RM before I stopped having the time to post there. The online squabbles are much exaggerated ( as was Leggo's article IMHO) and don't carry into the real world IMO. We should not allow arguments between a few people online dictate how we as a support work with our club.

To that end we can only hope for improved supporters groups going forward as I don't think any of them have done a great job in many ways. I'd hope that Charles Green has noticed the relative impotence of his Assembly and I hope more Rangers supporters acknowledge the independence of the Trust and why that 'neutrality' should also be preserved as well.

Frankie, I have to agree with your first paragraph and wish people would stop fighting battles from nearly five years ago. SS was wrong in what he said and as far as I'm aware there is only one resignee who still seems to be particularly bitter.

Regarding Leggo's article, I think the £2m bit was plucked out the air and took away from the point of the article. The fact is that there was a campaign to discredit the Community Share Scheme. It resulted in Facebook pages and Twitter being bombarded with comments about it being a scam and e-mails being sent to NARSA and ORSA warning them not to invest via the RST. If this did lead to the Club losing out on cash then it is very sad.

There's far more important issues than "a few internet blethers".

Over the past year the Trust have had the opportunity to try and organise a complete fan buyout of the club from the administrators, but never looked remotely capable of doing so.

They then set about organising the Buy Rangers Community share scheme to buy shares in the club collectively and what's the situation now as we speak?

What percentage of the club have the Trust got now?

A very small percentage but it's a start. As you are probably aware we started the Save Rangers website to try to guage what could be raised by fans. However, others, led by people at the Club, wanted to go down the RFFF route. We were asked to stop all activity or we would be going against the wishes of all the other fans. Reluctantly we agreed.

A very small percentage but it's a start. As you are probably aware we started the Save Rangers website to try to guage what could be raised by fans. However, others, led by people at the Club, wanted to go down the RFFF route. We were asked to stop all activity or we would be going against the wishes of all the other fans. Reluctantly we agreed.

Who asked you to stop, just out of interest?