Very sad that people who call themselves genuine supporters take it upon themselves to ban other supporters who may differ from their personal opinion.

Those "people" must possess very fragile egos.

Which begs the question as to why they become involved in public debate.

By all means ban folk who issue threats or post abusive remarks, but not for voicing their opinion, especially if they are a bone fide fellow fan.

I for one, cannot be part of any organisation which allows this fascist like state of affairs, I may as well join the SNP.

It was going to be my swansong Zappa..but events have overtaken themselves.

For reasons best known to themselves I have been banned from the Follow Follow Website as a consequence of this article.

Hell hath no fury than a writer silenced...

Why do you think FF banned you, what bit of your article do you think went against the grain ?

I'll join the others and say keep posting in Gersnet.

probably because hes slagging the thread on ff.

a thread that was about people making personal attacks that were designed to stop money being invested in rangers.

i saw the stuff lego was complaining about and mentioned it on here. the people invlved were responsible for less money going into the share issue. god knows how they live with themselves.

probably because hes slagging the thread on ff.

a thread that was about people making personal attacks that were designed to stop money being invested in rangers.

i saw the stuff lego was complaining about and mentioned it on here. the people invlved were responsible for less money going into the share issue. god knows how they live with themselves.

I would hardly call it "slagging the thread off" gs, that thread served to highlight how deep the divisions are within elements of the Rangers support. The wording of my article was carefully structured not to point the finger of blame at anyone, but to call those involved to resolve their differences in such a way that we can move forward for the benefit of the club without destroying ourselves from within.

Guest Bear Able

Disagreements in the online community are not representative of the mass of the support or official fans groups. Internet forums do tend to attract the type trolls and imposters that tend not to surface as much in real life where individuals and fans groups are more accountable.

The particular type of online nuisance that Leggatt refers to is perhaps one that contributors and moderators should be always be on their guard against. As another poster here has observed the so-called Rangers fans who were deliberately attempting to scupper the Rangers share issue are the ones who should be held accountable for their own behaviour rather than mislead ourselves that blame must also be shared amongst the wider support.

FF made a serious error in permitting their forum to be used by a few whose sole purpose was to cause damage to the club. The conspirators are the ones who should have been banned months ago not those who opposed them.

I suppose it's possible that your banning has as much to do with the various issues between FF & RM+VB as anything.

Have to say, the whole affair really does raise serious questions about the viability of fan ownership of the club, although the questions were already there, so it only highlights them.

Guest Bear Able
I suppose it's possible that your banning has as much to do with the various issues between FF & RM+VB as anything.

Have to say, the whole affair really does raise serious questions about the viability of fan ownership of the club, although the questions were already there, so it only highlights them.

I don't see why we should reject the idea of Trust status or fan ownership just because of a few internet blethers? The viability of fan ownership should surely be judged on comparable cases in the real football club world ?

Why would the Rangers be an exception from carpet-baggers and assset strippers? Or were the likes of Murray and Whyte actually good for the Rangers? Are we assured that future generations will not face any problems from continuing the one-man business model ?

Sentiments of the article are spot on. No Rangers would disagree on your main point. However, it needs balance; two other forums have a tendency to do the opposite of FF and reading RM/VB, I could have easily written that article and replaced FF with RM, for example.

I agree with the message but sadly it lacks any balance.

I don't see why we should reject the idea of Trust status or fan ownership just because of a few internet blethers?

There's far more important issues than "a few internet blethers".

Over the past year the Trust have had the opportunity to try and organise a complete fan buyout of the club from the administrators, but never looked remotely capable of doing so.

They then set about organising the Buy Rangers Community share scheme to buy shares in the club collectively and what's the situation now as we speak?

What percentage of the club have the Trust got now?