Better without Black? - without doubt in my mind

Don't rush him back as far as I'm concerned. Defensive midfielder? - didn't do our defence much good? Attacking midfielder? - didn't do our attack much good.

Did he control the pace of the game? Probably which is why we were dire often - he wanted the game played at his pace of almost standstill. No pace but skillful? - No!

Fans favourite? - I don't know - it's a different breed of fan now. In the past if you had made gestures to the fans the way he has the fans would have let him know he was an imposter - just ask Cammy Fraser.

The team has played with tempo since he's been out IMHO. Maybe I'm being harsh.

I like Black as a player. As I said in another thread, he'll win his place back whether its from a poor performance by one of the younger players or suspension. The younger players will hit a brick wall with form, everyone does and Black will come back in and stay there.

He's a good passer and one of our more experienced players. We need him.

For the record I never wanted Black anywhere near Ibrox, as Rangers player,but he signed and he will get my backing the same as all the Rangers players. I don't think he has had a good start to his Rangers career and I do prefer sticking with the younger players to allow them to mature, and what I've seen of them so far is that they look like if the keep developing they will become far better players than Black. Having said all that we do need a pool of players,which I think is low as it stands, but we will need all the players and it will be fine to bring him in to allow the younger players a wee break now and then. If it's not broken don't fix it, as long as these young players keep up their level of performances then they will keep Black out the team anyway.

Black is an awful footballer, and if he's getting anything close to 7k a week, it's criminal. I imagine he could do a job in an spl team that isn't expected to win much, like he done at Hearts, but I dont see what he brings to us. He's a rotten hardman, a rotten playmaker, and when he plays, we look slower than a week in jail. I despair if he walks straight back in the team when he recovers.

Edited by ComeOffit

For me I was happier and noticed more the lack of Shiels. Don't think he plays at all well over the course of a match. The flip side is that he does tend to have 1 or 2 key moments where he'll pop up with a goal or an assist. But I dunno if that compensates for the other 89 minutes of poor contribution.