and they never will.

i remember listening on my parents radiogram to the reports of the disaster coming through on that terrible night.

This photo shows exactly what i was feeling then and every single year since.

Gone but not forgotten.

I was visiting my Gran's that day and my Uncle was at the game. The news started to come through and of course there was no way of contacting anyone in those days once they were on the bus. By the time he got home there must have been about 14 people in the house. He'd stopped of at the hotel at the top of the road as usual only to be told to get back home asap. He didn't know the full story until he got home and could follow it on radio and tv. I'll never forget his face, sitting on the couch watching the news - totally shell shocked and ashen faced - you could have jagged him with a needle and he wouldn't have noticed.

For about a year or so afterwards, my dad took me to the Enclosure - which I hated because it was so flat you couldn't see well and you couldn't move around - and never up any of the Copland Road end stairways.

Man, I'd forgotten all that stuff.

I was at the game it was my very first OF game. I normally used that stairway but because it was my first OF game I was only allowed to go with my cousin on my uncles season ticket for the main stand. I was totally unaware anything had happened until I arrived home and heard the horrible news. That took away all the excitement of that Colin Stein equaliser. I walked that stair often with my father and later friends and it was an accident waiting to happen. You could only move with the crowd and regularly there were shouts to try and ease the pressure from the top. My father always told me to keep my arms in front of my chest so that my chest would have some protection It would not have made any difference that day i would imagine.

My best friend from that time was caught in the crush. He told me you could feel you were walking over people(bodies) but he said you could only try to stay upright yourself. He was lucky he only lost a shoe that day but will probably feel that feeling of walking on bodies for the rest of his life.

I wasn't even born when the Disaster took place so I appreciate the sharing of stories from those who remember an horrific day. It's these stories, the shared experiences which keeps the memories of those who perished alive, and ensures that Gone But Not Forgotten remains true.

My father always told me to keep my arms in front of my chest so that my chest would have some protection It would not have made any difference that day i would imagine.

When you think now what we took as being normal then, it beggars belief. It was, if you were a kid anyway, fairly normal procedure to feel your feet leave the ground when leaving games - that would cause a Public Enquiry these days (thankfully).