Hemmings on loan to Cowdenbeath....

Read on the Gers web site that Kane Hemmings has gone on loan to cowdenbeath....

According to the article:

But with the likes of Lee McCulloch, Andy Little, Kevin Kyle, Kal Naismith and Francisco Sandaza all deemed to be ahead of him in the battling for striking spots he has moved on.{/QUOTE]

Now, I know the lad as really struggled with injury, but given that Kyle and Sandaza have so far failed miserably to set the heather alight, I would personally like to have seen him possibly rotating with Naismith. So far Little has been utilised more of a wide man than an out & out striker, so it could be deemed a little unfair to include him in the list.

Hopefully Hemmings is past his injury's and can get a good number of goals under his belt before returning for next season. Like wise I hope that Sandaza & Kyle start to get on the score sheet regularly.

Looks like he needs to do the business on loan at Cowdenbeath to be in with a chance of getting a start for us. I think his contract runs out in the summer, so if he doesn't make it between now and the end of the season it looks like he might be getting released.

33a3a397a36957be1f4b5bbe1a232201_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST has urged Kane Hemmings to use his loan spell at Cowdenbeath as a platform from which to earn himself a new contract at Rangers.

The English striker has joined the Blue Brazil temporarily until the end of month, during which he could play up to four first-team games.

His first one on Saturday was a success and although he didnâ??t score, Hemmings did play the full 90 minutes and performed well in a 1-1 draw with First Division leaders Morton.

The 20-year-old has endured a torrid time with injuries, requiring three operations on one knee and one on the other.

His latest one has kept him out since the summer but he is fully fit again and is a player the coaching staff at Gers rate highly.

McCoist is adamant he wouldnâ??t have sent Hemmings out on loan if he wasnâ??t looking at him as being a longer-term option.

Instead, he is keen for the former Tamworth youngster to show what he can do so that he can successfully come back into the Light Blues fold.

McCoist said: â??I spoke to Colin Cameron and Donald Findlay and we organised for Kane to go there for four games.

â??He has had a really tough time with knee injuries and our reserves arenâ??t playing as regularly as weâ??d like.

â??Itâ??s an ideal opportunity for his own confidence and self-knowledge in the respect he can see for himself he has overcome his problems there.

â??Hopefully heâ??ll do well. I know he did well at the weekend against Morton and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

â??We wouldnâ??t be putting Kane out on loan if we werenâ??t thinking of him in the future. The main issue with him at the moment though is he hasnâ??t played a lot of matches.

â??We have to get him games of football, itâ??s as simple as that. He has a great opportunity to do that at Cowdenbeath.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Haven't seen much of Hemmings but plenty of speculation that he's got the talent. If he can use this loan spell to get games and stay fit then there's never been a better time to get into the team.

Loan won't work he has to get into Ally's wee gang, then he will get picked every week no matter how he plays.

Do people honestly believe McCoist isn't objective when he picks his teams and does so from some sort of emotional attachment or jobs for the boys mentality.

He might make poor selections but that is because he picks the players he thinks are best to win the game, whether he is right or wrong. He doesn't pick players because they're his mates. Give the manager some respect.

More tired rhetoric from the Rangers support. I hate these buzz phrases and nonsense ideas that get perpetuated among message boards.

I wouldn't say Ally chooses out of pure sympathy. But it seems when a player has earned his spot in the starting XI, it is very hard for him to lose it again, except for injury. Take Sandaza for example. How many starting line up spots did he have despite horrendous performances until he was replaced finally. Not a take on Ally as I'm sure this isn't a policy, just appears to have a lot of trust in players once he starts them and gives them a lot of time of time to show what they can contribute. In some cases this surely has been positive though.