Hemmings on loan to Cowdenbeath....

I wouldn't say Ally chooses out of pure sympathy. But it seems when a player has earned his spot in the starting XI, it is very hard for him to lose it again, except for injury. Take Sandaza for example. How many starting line up spots did he have despite horrendous performances until he was replaced finally. Not a take on Ally as I'm sure this isn't a policy, just appears to have a lot of trust in players once he starts them and gives them a lot of time of time to show what they can contribute. In some cases this surely has been positive though.

You can label this accusation at all managers though. Once a player has experience at a certain level managers will often fall back on them.

How else did Paul Hartley continue to accrue caps once he had his first few. Rarely played well at that level. But managers look at his caps and "experience" and played him in spite of performances. At least as far as I can tell. And it happens all over world football. The managers don't have some kind of attachment to these players. They just have a different view to me or you as to who their best XI players are. Complain that they have made a bad call, but don't tarnish their judgement based on some emotional dysfunction.

Do people honestly believe McCoist isn't objective when he picks his teams and does so from some sort of emotional attachment or jobs for the boys mentality.

Generally not, but his insistance to play McCulloch whenever possible and never sub him raises some questions with me. Probably not a jobs for the boys thing but perhaps more related to the position of captain?

You can label this accusation at all managers though. Once a player has experience at a certain level managers will often fall back on them.

How else did Paul Hartley continue to accrue caps once he had his first few. Rarely played well at that level. But managers look at his caps and "experience" and played him in spite of performances. At least as far as I can tell. And it happens all over world football. The managers don't have some kind of attachment to these players. They just have a different view to me or you as to who their best XI players are. Complain that they have made a bad call, but don't tarnish their judgement based on some emotional dysfunction.

Again, this was no accusation. I don't blame Coisty for doing so as it's quite a natural move as you pointed out.

Generally not, but his insistance to play McCulloch whenever possible and never sub him raises some questions with me. Probably not a jobs for the boys thing but perhaps more related to the position of captain?

Could be correct with that one. I again doubt he's alone in playing the captain more for what he brings to the team in terms of presence and leadership than actual ability on the field. So again the assertion that McCoist is picking his "favourites" is wrong, but that he is perhaps making one selection on more than just pure ability on the field.

Do people honestly believe McCoist isn't objective when he picks his teams and does so from some sort of emotional attachment or jobs for the boys mentality.

He might make poor selections but that is because he picks the players he thinks are best to win the game, whether he is right or wrong. He doesn't pick players because they're his mates. Give the manager some respect.

More tired rhetoric from the Rangers support. I hate these buzz phrases and nonsense ideas that get perpetuated among message boards.

If you have watched Walter and now Ally in action and don't think certain players will in the starting 11 no matter what, then I'm lost for words.

If you have watched Walter and now Ally in action and don't think certain players will in the starting 11 no matter what, then I'm lost for words.

You are missing the point. McCoist and Smith (wrongly imo) pick certain players because they think they form part of our best XI. Not because they have some man crush on them or some other such nonsense.