Reconstruction talks

If however it's called the SFL 1, 2, 3 and has SFL chairmen in the main governing the new structure, then i will be happy Bear.

There's more chance of Regan and Doncaster doing the right and honourable thing by resigning and buggering off back down south this week than that happening.

The four times a season schedule is killing the game.

Get it to fuck. We've been in SFL3 for 6 months and no offence to them but I'm sick of the sight of Elgin already.

It should be 2 divisions. Personally I'd go for a 20 team top tier and 22 team 2nd division. 18 & 24 would also work. A decent number of playoff and promotion spots and NO F***ING SPLITS.

They argue that the revenue would be reduced, but the spoils could be shared to counter that.

They're all still giving themselves a big pat on the back for listening to the fans with regards to our situation, but what fan would vote for this?

When the supporters were polled a couple of seasons back the vast majority were wanting a bigger league. I don't see why their opinion would be any different now ...apart from possibly continuing to stick the boot in us.

we dont need to sign a tv deal

That's why CG & SKY have had talks. He's said he won't sign any new deal. That leaves the rest to sort out any new deal SKY may or may not offer. SKY's SPL viewing figures are down 73% this season. Would they want a new deal here? who would finance/sponsor these new reconstructed leagues? CB are ending their SPL sponsorship at the end of season too. There's no replacement for them & who'd want to.They can talk reconstruction all they want but they need finance. Without us there's no finance

Edited by RANGERRAB

Cannot see why on earth SFL would accept this sort of deal for...it basically kills them off.

Longmuir isn't stupid. He knows these SPL reconstruction proposals will fail if there's no new SKY deal or sponsor to replace CB. Surely the braindead chairmen will want to know what's financing these proposals. If not then they'll all have to make drastic cost reductions or go part-time.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Same reason they put us in the 3rd division - Greed. They're no different from the SPL clubs in that respect.

No interest in the good of the game. It's all about the money.

I'd argue that our presence in the lower leagues is doing the game some good though as its reinvigorating these clubs and they're also benefitting financially. Also you have to remember that they were effectively passed the Rangers "problem" by the SPL and told to deal with it which they did, while also rejecting self-serving plans from the SPL to put us in to Div 1. I think the SFL have been consistently a breath of fresh air throughout all of this so I'd be disappointed if they caved now.

I'd argue that our presence in the lower leagues is doing the game some good though as its reinvigorating these clubs and they're also benefitting financially. Also you have to remember that they were effectively passed the Rangers "problem" by the SPL and told to deal with it which they did, while also rejecting self-serving plans from the SPL to put us in to Div 1. I think the SFL have been consistently a breath of fresh air throughout all of this so I'd be disappointed if they caved now.

how's it doing the game good? these clubs aren't even on a par with Conference National clubs down south. We can put money into them all we want but they're contributing next to nothing for the Scottish game in general. When did one of these clubs last produce a player of any quality playing in say the EPL?

how's it doing the game good? these clubs aren't even on a par with Conference National clubs down south. We can put money into them all we want but they're contributing next to nothing for the Scottish game in general. When did one of these clubs last produce a player of any quality playing in say the EPL?

That's actually a good point of discussion. How many players actually come through the ranks?

Is the SPL\Rangers scouting so good that most of the cream is licked off before senior level?

I agree with UCF2008 on the best way forward even although it's looking like having little chance of happening.

I'm not sure which would be best (20/22 or 18/24), but I think maybe a 20 team SPL and 22 team SFL would be ideal. 2 leagues and the SFL retains the largest number of teams. Promotion and relegation wise it could be a simple 4 up, 4 down with 2 automatic promotion and relegation spots plus play-offs for the other spots. No idiotic splits! Done.

That's actually a good point of discussion. How many players actually come through the ranks?

Is the SPL\Rangers scouting so good that most of the cream is licked off before senior level?

or are these players good enough to play at the level we require? any club can have a youth policy but whether it produces quality players is another matter.