Possible move south for Rangers?

Guest DavieBlue

The big risk for me of a move is that it opens the floodgates and we miss the bigger boat.

If we can move cross border, then every big team in a small or medium sized country will want the same and will have precedent. This is likely to lead to a European league of some sort, and as a non league or lower league English team will we be in a position to get a seat at that table? I doubt it.

We could find ourselves taking 5-7 years at best to get to the Premiership, and in that time European football has moved on. It's a massive risk - but one I think we may need to take.

A full blown Euro league is at least 10 years maybe a lot longer away we will have time.

A full blown Euro league is at least 10 years maybe a lot longer away we will have time.

Possibly, but do you not think that if we are allowed to move cross border that this timescale will quicken up considerably. The Belgian clubs want it, Dutch look in favour, Scandinaveans would be up for it, Balkans/Turkey are already looking at it, etc.

As soon as we are allowed to move cross border it will hasten the process for all these other clubs/countries looking to play cross border, and this could quickly result in us being left stranded in the English lower leagues while everyone else moves to a European set up - whether that's an Atlantic League or full blown European League.

Possibly, but do you not think that if we are allowed to move cross border that this timescale will quicken up considerably. The Belgian clubs want it, Dutch look in favour, Scandinaveans would be up for it, Balkans/Turkey are already looking at it, etc.

As soon as we are allowed to move cross border it will hasten the process for all these other clubs/countries looking to play cross border, and this could quickly result in us being left stranded in the English lower leagues while everyone else moves to a European set up - whether that's an Atlantic League or full blown European League.

It will hasten the moves of the Balkan league maybe a Beneliga, Russia/Ukraine league, a Scandinavian league. UEFA will eventually allow these close countries to merge to hold the calls for a full blown Euro League, and it will work if done properly for a couple of decades then you may see a full blown Euro league. I would hope by that time we are at a level to be a major part of that set up.

It will hasten the moves of the Balkan league maybe a Beneliga, Russia/Ukraine league, a Scandinavian league. UEFA will eventually allow these close countries to merge to hold the calls for a full blown Euro League, and it will work if done properly for a couple of decades then you may see a full blown Euro league. I would hope by that time we are at a level to be a major part of that set up.

We can only guess at the timescales, but I can't see it taking as long a couple of decades.

We can only guess at the timescales, but I can't see it taking as long a couple of decades.

If they get all the Leagues right and the TV/Advertising/Sponsorship is enough to keep the teams happy nobody will be calling for a Euro League, all the middle of the road leagues want is a chance to compete with the big guys on a fairly level playing field. If they get that the call for a Euro league will die off, the CL was started to quick a Euro League at bay who long has that been going.

Guest Geo the Ger

Joining the Conference will do for me, in fact, anywhere away from the corrupt SFA/SPL will suffice. I know that leaving Scottish Football is highly unlikely, but any interest shown, however slight from another league, should be given our full attention and respect.