Possible move south for Rangers?

Guest DavieBlue

Is that 30% not if you ADD their possession in the 2 Barca games together ????

I thought they were something like 11% at the Nou Camp and 17% at Parkhead - or am I dreaming things up again ?

You may well be right mate, was being generous as I didn't want to get called out for exaggeration :). Always seems to me like they do better than us in Europe in general I have to admit. I may be wrong but it sure feels that way...

For me the SPL sides have shown their tru colours, not that we didnt know this already. They hate us and kick us when we are down yet they still want to USE us for their own financial gains. I say wash the hands with the lot of them.

Id jump at the chance to move to the Blue Square league.

Im pretty sure Swansea fans are having the times of their lives right now and dont feel like they should be playing in the Welsh league. Cardiff will be the same next season....and when these 2 meet next season in the Premier league it will be a massive occasion.

Depends on how you determine competitive. Making the last 16 ? Hmmm, maybe. This is an oft-debated subject but SOME (not all admittedly) European nations make it easier to recruit that the UK does. Portugal for example has a bunch of nationalised Brazilians do they not ? It is also more difficult to get in top talent, given the 90-minute travel rule. Do we really have the money to take a kid on by giving his parents a house and a job (as clubs like Chelsea do) in the hopes he can make it ? And it seems that there is less talent in Scotland than before too. I shouldnt have said "cant be" more "unlikely to be" - and Celtic's current season success is more of an exception rather than rule is it not, much like our 2008 UEFA run ? Doesnt mean we shouldnt have ambitions to make it to the latter stages of these competitions, but it is increasingly more difficult to be so. As I said, this is an oft-debated topic which probably deserves its own thread.

The ever-increasing financial gap between the bigger leagues in Europe make it ever-more difficult to compete. And the gap is only going to widen with the monies being thrown at the English game, and also given that it seems more and more players are chasing the money (which is fair enough).

As I said, I think it is increasingly difficult to be competitive for many and varied reasons - but I do also agree that this should never, ever have us stifling our ambition.

Personally, I think that the reason that Celtic are doing well in Europe this year is that they are able to play their reserves (or at very least rotate their top players) in SPL matches knowing that as we are not there, there is no real competition. Had we been there, they would not have been able to take chances on dropping points and would have been compelled to play the bulk of their main men most of the time.

Is this the same Septic who hold the record for not winning away from home in Europe, Kuz mate your love in for all things Septic is boke inducing I've only ever heard you praise the scumbags never one word about their failing and unlike you I can see loads.

There are some decent sides in Leagues 2 and 1 in England. Bradford are a former BPL side in the lowest tier then League 1 is also getting stronger with currently the likes of Coventry, Portsmouth and Sheff Utd. In the last 10 years this league has had the likes of Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Charlton, Sheff Wed, QPR and of course Man City playing in it.

I think England is the way forward to building a massive Rangers. Climbing back up through the Scottish leagues is a good adventure but we'll eventually hit the dour SPL again. We all want European football again but I would rather see 4-5 years of going through the English set up than waiting around the same periodin Scotland to struggle in the CL again. It will be a nice fairytale when we hear the CL theme at Ibrox again but people forget the product on the pitch might not be too competitive.

Edited by Gribz