Kris Boyd released by Timbers

... maybe so, yet you also have to look at things like: what sort of quality do we demand, what sort can we realistically expect to get (money-wise) and whether that sort of quality will come (to the fourth or third tier of Scottish football - no matter the name). IMHO, the likes of Black, Templeton or indeed Alexander and Wallace are very much the exception to the norm. If e.g. a Jamie Murphy would like to come, I would not hesitate and put him ahead of e.g. a Boyd on a wishlist.

Edit: Just noted that Mr. Murphy has decided to sign for mighty Sheffield United this month and won't be coming in the next three years ...

Well with the quality we have at the moment, Little, Shiels, Sandaza we have sufficient to be able to beat our level of opposition. It certainly doesn't justify spending over the odds for an older player on a poor run of form.

What is this goal drought we are trying to resolve? Averaging 3 goals a game these days and winning this league in a canter.

It's the goals we are LOSING that is the problem . And before anyone says ex players like Danny Wilson. He thought he was too good for us when we were in the SPL.

Even today I would take Mols back before I took Boyd.

Whilst talk of resigning former players is always exaggerated and unrealistic there is no doubt Mols would have done a cracking job for us in the last 2 years. He only hung his boots up not too long ago and is a) still fit and b) still oozes quality.

Whilst talk of resigning former players is always exaggerated and unrealistic there is no doubt Mols would have done a cracking job for us in the last 2 years. He only hung his boots up not too long ago and is a) still fit and b) still oozes quality.

And with his style of play i.e. back to the defender, and then the famous 'Mols' turn, he would have been 'crippled' by now in this division with no protection, no doubt.

• 1 month later...