Kris Boyd released by Timbers

I feel quite sad actually. A league that we've already won. 25 goals in the last 8 games. Exactly the same next year. And our fans want "hunners o' goals" and some kind of short term myopic 'fix' like you do when your chances of winning the league look like fading. Did I say I feel 'quite' sad. Can I change that? I fuckin despair.

We've got a chance to nurture a system and a young team to grow together....aw fuck forget it. ALBERTZ! ALBERTZ! (don't think he has a club now either). :brick:

Albertz? I'd make an exception for him. And Mols. :)

I wouldn't take him back. As far as i am concerned we should only be signing players with a resale value.

I think the problem with him was he thought he was better than he was when he left Rangers which has contributed to his form everywhere else. The simple fact is you don't score 180 goals in 360 games by being pish.

BTW, I do not know what sort of form he is in now (though Ally & Co. will), but if you'd ask me whether I'd have him or Kyle, I know whom I would chose - and no disrespect for Kevin here. IMHO, Sandaza showed what he can do these last few games, but he needs a predator-striker about him. While we probably all agree Boyd was not an international class striker, he sure knew how to put them away in Scotland. Given the opposition we are to face these next couple of years, I have no doubt that he would get into double figures in no-time.

That said, I'll only get excited if he actually signs up. We'll hear much more rumour-mongering these coming weeks and months ... and I don't want to spend too much life-energy on rumours alone.

BTW, I do not know what sort of form he is in now (though Ally & Co. will), but if you'd ask me whether I'd have him or Kyle, I know whom I would chose - and no disrespect for Kevin here. IMHO, Sandaza showed what he can do these last few games, but he needs a predator-striker about him. While we probably all agree Boyd was not an international class striker, he sure knew how to put them away in Scotland. Given the opposition we are to face these next couple of years, I have no doubt that he would get into double figures in no-time.

That said, I'll only get excited if he actually signs up. We'll hear much more rumour-mongering these coming weeks and months ... and I don't want to spend too much life-energy on rumours alone.

I agree with what you are saying but we shouldn't be picking between Boyd and Kyle because we shouldn't have either in our team.

Expensive for the position we are in, what they offer and lack of ever being able to recoup the expenditure further down the road. You just have to read books like the Secret Footballer to realise players make a killing when moving out of contract. They get massive signing on fees so when you add that to wages these guys command are getting costing us way more than what is necesarry.

... maybe so, yet you also have to look at things like: what sort of quality do we demand, what sort can we realistically expect to get (money-wise) and whether that sort of quality will come (to the fourth or third tier of Scottish football - no matter the name). IMHO, the likes of Black, Templeton or indeed Alexander and Wallace are very much the exception to the norm. If e.g. a Jamie Murphy would like to come, I would not hesitate and put him ahead of e.g. a Boyd on a wishlist.

Edit: Just noted that Mr. Murphy has decided to sign for mighty Sheffield United this month and won't be coming in the next three years ...

Edited by der Berliner