Kilmarnock winding up order.

Guest cail

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

EXCLUSIVE: League Cup holders Kilmarnock on the brink over debts of £10m

By Stephen Mcgowan

PUBLISHED:11:31, 19 January 2013| UPDATED:11:31, 19 January 2013

The cash crisis gripping debt-ridden Kilmarnock has deepened after the Ayrshire club were served with a winding up order.

In debt to the tune of £9.8million, the League Cup holders have been forced to sell prize assets Liam Kelly to Bristol City for £150,000 and defender Michael Nelson to Bradford for £50,000 -with goalkeeper Cammy Bell also expected to quit by the end of the month.

Despite the sales, however, the prospect of Sheriff Officer action grew last night when a leading creditor commenced legal action for the recovery of £16,000.

Former Killie season ticket holder Craig Stevenson, owner of Braehead Foods, has been pursuing his money since Christmas, leaving a string of messages with chairman Michael Johnston.

Johnston is due to face worried shareholders at the clubâ??s AGM next week and the questions will take on a new intensity after Stevenson told Sportsmail: 'I instructed lawyers on Friday afternoon just before 4pm to pursue Kilmarnock FC and the chairman Michael Johnston for £16,000 we are owed.

'I believe they were sending a recorded delivery letter which Kilmarnock will receive today (Saturday).

'Failing that we will instruct Sheriff Officers to go out on Monday morning and serve it on Kilmarnock Football Club.

'We have supplied Kilmarnock and I am a supporter, so this saddens me. We can appreciate times are not good in the football world.

'A few years ago they could have gone down on the last day of the season and it was my understanding at the time that if that happened they would have gone into administration and I would have lost £6000.

'Beating Falkirk that day was a very important result for me. If they had gone down I would have lost money and I would have accepted thatâ??s life and got on with it.

'But this is different.'

Kilmarnock were scheduled to pay Braehead Foods for supplies to the clubâ??s Park Hotel on December 20, before leeway was granted until the New Year.

On January 10 the clubâ??s account was placed on hold and after trying repeatedly to contact Johnston, Stevenson says he has now had enough.

'I have chased Michael Johnston once or twice a day every day, leaving voicemails for him, speaking to his head chef and obtaining promises it would be sorted.

'His girl in the accounts office has also been sending emails â?? so he has received the messages that he owes me £4500 for November. Between November and December he now owes me over £16,000.

'Could I survive without the £16,000? Yes I could. Would I be more sympathetic if Michael Johnston â?? a lawyer to trade â?? called me back and asked to pay £500 a week and was a bit more up front rather than hiding and burying his head in the sand? Most definitely.'

Despite posting a profit of £11,384 for the last financial year Kilmarnockâ??s net debt rose by £83,000 to £9.84m, while turnover for the year was £7.4m, an increase of almost £300,000 on the previous 12 months.

Oh Dear,how sad,never mind.

Remember it was killie who abstained in the SPL vote to boot us out last summer. Their chairman Michael Johnston(a solicitor) advised the others that by voting us out they could be breaking company law by deliberately taking a decision which would have an adverse financial effect on their businesses.