Ibrox Remembrance Day Events To Be Stopped

Well said 26th of Foot.

Rememberence Day should be a solemn occasion, not a disorganised mini version of the Edinburgh Tattoo.

All done for the right reasons no doubt, but the half time on pitch "parade" didnt feel appropriate to me at the time, not did the pre kick off abseil.

I don't really care who complained, but I'm not sure there was any need to make the response public. Should have simply changed it for next time.

we can do all this stuff on armed forced day. remembrance day is about the fallen.

though god knows why someone would complain.

Well, those who received the complaints know too ... and we probably too.

BTW, and I said it yesterday too, the use of certain vocabulary has become rather indiscriminate in recent times. "Nazi" & "Republic" don't run together and IMHO, people should stop comparing modern day Scotland to anything Nazi- (or of late North Korean-) like. For they apparently have no clue at all.

I'm sorry but if this is the complaint letter it should have been thrown in the bin after the first paragraph, whatever the merits of our events.

Dear General Eeles,

You will, I imagine, share my dismay that Army, Navy and Royal Marines service personnel were participants in a travesty of a ‘Remembrance’ parade at Ibrox Park, Glasgow, during half-time in a football match being played between The Rangers FC and Alloa Athletic last week-end.

Whatever the original intention may have been, the occasion was allowed to degenerate into what I can only describe as a show of sectarian support- by the military personnel involved- for one particular section of Scottish society and one particular football club.

It was in no way respectful of the men and women ( among whom I include my own father) who suffered death or injury in the second World War, but was an absolutely undisciplined display of sectarian bias by the army unit(s) involved, who, I believe had balloted to be present because of their personal support for the aims and ideology of The Rangers FC.

In my view, the officer who authorised the use of tax-payers’ money for such a shameful partisan display, and the senior officer present on the day ( if indeed, any officer was present) should be asked to apologise to the people of Scotland for being so crassly insensitive to the feelings of many like me, who distance themselves from the poisonous ideology behind Orangeism and who do not wish their support for the Armed Forces of this country to be predicated on a false assumption that Orangeism equates to patriotism.

I am copying this letter to Rear Admiral Hockley (Flag Officer Scotland and Northern Ireland) and to Major-General Davis, CBE RM (Commandant General Royal Marines)

Yours sincerely,

http://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/the-scottish-football-mopery/

A cave in to the perma offended Scum again, the same people who won't stand for a minutes silence and would rather celebrate the death of British soldiers.

The army should've told them to f#+ k off, then had a quite word with Rangers if they thought things were over the top. I don't see any their club who had more than the minutes silence mentioned, the whole thing stinks of the highly vocal republican scum we have in this country who seem to be loved by our media, its enough to make you sick.

Not this time. We should have a bit more class than was on display at half time that day.

i do agree. my post was more tongue in cheek, its probably not even relevant to this topic. one things for sure, britney will see our fans agreeing with this article and class it as a victory for him. he has been saying we go ott for years now.