Ibrox Remembrance Day Events To Be Stopped

Guest Chris Peacock

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed the day.On looking back at youtube clips I found it a bit uncomfortable.Everyone,including the troops on the pitch(myself included) forgot all about remembering our fallen heroes and it just looked like rangers supporters with uniforms on doing the bouncy and other football chants

Let us have our own special day of celebration away from Armistice Day and go the full distance to remember all our troops-PAST AND PRESENT

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed the day.On looking back at youtube clips I found it a bit uncomfortable.Everyone,including the troops on the pitch(myself included) forgot all about remembering our fallen heroes and it just looked like rangers supporters with uniforms on doing the bouncy and other football chants

Let us have our own special day of celebration away from Armistice Day and go the full distance to remember all our troops-PAST AND PRESENT

Agree, the complainer actually had a good point the celebrations were not appropriate to remembrance day but he gave his agenda away with his crap over:

the occasion was allowed to degenerate into what I can only describe as a show of sectarian support- by the military personnel

poisonous ideology behind Orangeism and who do not wish their support for the Armed Forces of this country to be predicated on a false assumption that Orangeism equates to patriotism.

This was obviously recognised and put to bed by the statement from the armed forces. Loved it.

It's easy to sit and judge. I imagine it's pretty fucking scary knowing where you are about to go and what might happen, I wouldn't judge anyone who did it personally.

I am not judging.

However, when you sign up for the forces you arent, or at least shouldnt, be signing up for just the paycheck. There is the possibility you may have to go to war, shoot guns and possibly lose your life. That is known BEFORE you sign up. Some of those who go AWOL do so because they dont want to risk their life.... so why did they sign up in the first place ?

And, BTW, I say that as someone who would undoubtedly be in the "fuck that and do a runner" category... but then.... I wouldnt sign up because I know that is a risk I would be taking.

I am not judging.

However, when you sign up for the forces you arent, or at least shouldnt, be signing up for just the paycheck. There is the possibility you may have to go to war, shoot guns and possibly lose your life. That is known BEFORE you sign up. Some of those who go AWOL do so because they dont want to risk their life.... so why did they sign up in the first place ?

And, BTW, I say that as someone who would undoubtedly be in the "fuck that and do a runner" category... but then.... I wouldnt sign up because I know that is a risk I would be taking.

I imagine a lot of those who sign up are young and think it's a) a good job and b) something they can do. Once reality bites, it must hit quite hard.