HMRC granted leave to appeal

Remember it cost them something like £8m chasing Harry Redknapp for a £300k tax bill.............so maybe we shouldn't be surprised

Who within the government is responsible or supervising HMRC's actions? Waste of taxpayers money springs to mind, not to mention the deal with e.g. Vodaphone.

HMRC are idiots. Personal issue with myself, got a letter in over the weekend saying my tax code is changing, the reason, I have a second job. Well no I don't,so got in touch with them today they say I was still working with my council which I worked with about 2 years ago, plus the fact its 250 miles away.

So many errors they make and added to the fact lost information real classy, plus our leaks we have seen but nobody has been prosecuted for. HMRC are refusing to discuss it because it would probably affect their appeal.

You could say that or they are still using us a test case either way a bit pathetic.

HMRC are the great pursuer of lost causes. They don't care how much it costs to recover amounts they believe they are due even when it's not remotely financially viable to do so e.g the redknapp case. A private company would not dream of doing anything of the sort but hey it's the public purse and they've got a bottomless pit of dosh haven't they? Somebody needs to tell HMRC the UK is £1.3 trillion in debt & rising. All Government depts have had to reduce their spending except them it seems. EBT's were perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes until they were closed down. They need to realise that & start chasing tax evaders

Edited by RANGERRAB

HMRC are idiots. Personal issue with myself, got a letter in over the weekend saying my tax code is changing, the reason, I have a second job. Well no I don't,so got in touch with them today they say I was still working with my council which I worked with about 2 years ago, plus the fact its 250 miles away.

So many errors they make and added to the fact lost information real classy, plus our leaks we have seen but nobody has been prosecuted for. HMRC are refusing to discuss it because it would probably affect their appeal.

Agreed my boss got a letter at the weekend saying he owed '000's and his tax code was zero allowance for next year. They'd just added two zeroes on to his annual wage. Totally incompetent most of the time.