Gazza - Pretty sad.

Also for those guys who complain about the state of Div 3 pitches, I just watched Gazza & Laudrup play on a ploughed field at thistle and make it look like a bowling green, class is permanent everything else is just for show.

That was going to be my comment also, that was a shocking pitch yet they still managed to look as if they were playing on a bowling green.

Its sad to say but I think Gazza is beyond help. He's been on the TV in the last year or 2 saying he is clean but Ive never been convinced. I hope Im wrong and someone / something can get through to him then he can help himself. I think its a disgrace the way people use him like this first clip. And there isnt enough help from him in the game itself, everyone always seems to just talk about what he did when he was at the top to get goo viewing, Schmeichels comments are right.

Absolute genius, we are all brought up in generations where we watch players and i wouldnt swap Gazza and Laudrup for any other.

The fact he has went straight to the clinic in the states could be his last saving grace....make it work Paul!

My abiding memory of Gazza actually came in an England shirt, many, many glorious memories in the light blue, but THAT goal against Scotland was incredible, flicking it over Hendry and vollying past Goram, the fact they were both team mates at the time only made it better! Incredible talent.

My abiding memory of Gazza actually came in an England shirt, many, many glorious memories in the light blue, but THAT goal against Scotland was incredible, flicking it over Hendry and vollying past Goram, the fact they were both team mates at the time only made it better! Incredible talent.

that the one where he took the mickey out of the media with the dentists chair celebration?

Sorry to be pedantic but Hendry wasnt a team mate at the time, he was still at Blackburn. Hendry didnt join until Advocaat came in 98

But I agree, awesome goal, one of the best.

Sorry to be pedantic but Hendry wasnt a team mate at the time, he was still at Blackburn. Hendry didnt join until Advocaat came in 98

But I agree, awesome goal, one of the best.

Fair point Gribz, got my timelines a little wrong, regardless. Wow!

Fair point Gribz, got my timelines a little wrong, regardless. Wow!

No probs sir, I got the pedantic bug from a few posters on here :thup: But I remember the game well, watching it with a big group of mates and even 1 or 2 of them applauded saying that was unbeliveable.

Debate on BBC now about the best ever England player, Gazza mentioned a few times. He is up there with Charlton and Moore for me, for ability alone he wins, he just didnt play enough games. 57 caps should have been 87. If they had him around 92-94 and playing like he did at WC 90 and Euro 96 then it wouldnt be a debate who was the best.