Sports direct

You'd be surprised, Celtic and Nike use several throughout the city, London Road and Balmore Road spring to mind. It's the advertising contractor's problem anyway, they'll request extra sheets are printed in case of damage and are contractually obliged to ensure the 'billboards' aren't defaced or weather damaged. If they are they don't get paid.

Football 'tourism' isn't properly exploited in Glasgow. Between us, them and Hampden there's a real opportunity for someone to put on an official 'football' tour with a stop at West of Scotland Cricket ground and Glasgow Green for good measure.

I totally agree. When I visited Liverpool there were adverts and billboards all over the city advertising Liverpool and Everton. When I visited Anfield it was a hive of activity despite it not being a match day and it's in the middle of a housing area. Yet there were dozens of tourists/fans there to see the stadium go on the tour etc...

Rangers could easily replicate this in my opinion.

You'd be surprised, Celtic and Nike use several throughout the city, London Road and Balmore Road spring to mind. It's the advertising contractor's problem anyway, they'll request extra sheets are printed in case of damage and are contractually obliged to ensure the 'billboards' aren't defaced or weather damaged. If they are they don't get paid.

Football 'tourism' isn't properly exploited in Glasgow. Between us, them and Hampden there's a real opportunity for someone to put on an official 'football' tour with a stop at West of Scotland Cricket ground and Glasgow Green for good measure.

Founders Trail tour takes in all those places and more, and is a brilliant day. I'm sure if the guys who run it got the proper funding from the club they would give up their day jobs and do it full time.

Founders Trail tour takes in all those places and more, and is a brilliant day. I'm sure if the guys who run it got the proper funding from the club they would give up their day jobs and do it full time.

I agree things like this would go a long way to increasing and promoting the Rangers brand and would be fairly easy to achieve and sustain.

I think ideas about tie ups with the Dallas Cowboys are great in theory but until we learn how to do the right things at grass roots level how can we ever hope to succeed on an international level......

My club in Bermuda will be touring Rangers this summer with an U8, U10, U12 and U14 team plus parents. We suspect we will have 30-40 kids going and maybe half that again in parents. Rangers have an international tournament the 3rd week of July which we are attending but also have at least 4 training sessions with RFC coaches and a tour of both Ibrox & Murray Park. There will also be teams from USA, Portugal, Turkey and even Morocco I believe. I think they get over 100 teams playing in it. A little touch of football tourism if you will.

But I agree, we dont do enough of it - a museum would certainly help in that regard as well.

A very interesting and pertinent thread. Amms makes a good point about the general level of football advertising in glasgow and the fact that we don't champion it enough. I suspect good old Scottish negativity and an element of shame at the darker side of things stops the old firm being a visual presence all ovet the city as they should be. Living in the Southern Hemisphere, the first thing a new person asks is "Rangers or Celtic?" We truly are a worldwide brand and more should be done about it.

Founders trail and stadium tour was one of the best days out ever , infact it is a must for all Rangers fans

My club in Bermuda will be touring Rangers this summer with an U8, U10, U12 and U14 team plus parents. We suspect we will have 30-40 kids going and maybe half that again in parents. Rangers have an international tournament the 3rd week of July which we are attending but also have at least 4 training sessions with RFC coaches and a tour of both Ibrox & Murray Park. There will also be teams from USA, Portugal, Turkey and even Morocco I believe. I think they get over 100 teams playing in it. A little touch of football tourism if you will.

But I agree, we dont do enough of it - a museum would certainly help in that regard as well.

You should get in touch with lebluebear from ff to see if they can arrange something for you craig , I have his mobile number if you want it