Rangers support prepares for Shock & Awe

I have to hand it to Charles Green and Jim Traynor, they have managed to do in just a few months what my many years blogging has failed to achieve â?? upset the press/mediafia and send them into panic mode.

What other reason could there be for the increased attempts and sustained attacks which are quite clearly an effort to besmirch and undermine the credibility of Charles Green and James Traynor amongst the Rangers support.

Leckie, Keith Jackson and Waddell have all fired their long range rockets of â??forgive and forget and move oneâ?accompanied by â??Rangers are offensiveâ? in recent weeks. However these assaults seems to have had little impact in achieving their goal and it now appears the infamous and feared â??shock and aweâ? is about to be unleashed upon the Rangers support by that veritable vanguard of Rangers destruction â?? BBC Scotland.

This benchmark, this epitome, this champion of objective and neutral broadcasting has been called upon to aid the forces of Rangers bashing, in what can only be described as a textbook pincer movement. Shock and awe is about to be unleashed upon the Rangers support by BBC Scotland in the form of Alex Thomson and Paul McConville.

These latest mercenaries bring with them a considerable history of battle honours. The former you may remember provided the foreword to a book written by an individual who has been labelled as â?? tarred with the sectarian brushâ?. A book which prompted the following review from The Scotsman newspaper :-

The sirens started to sound at the first of several references to Rangers supporters as â??the Ibrox klanâ?. The author makes no attempt to disguise his hatred for Rangers, stating at one stage â??please let this football club dieâ?. And yet he yearns to be taken seriously as a journalist, repeatedly complaining that no-one from the mainstream media ever calls him. As the tale unravels, Mac Giolla Bhain starts to disappear up his own rear, declaring: â??I am aware of my own contribution and I rather like the guy I see in the shaving mirror every morning.â? These are two classic mistakes: believing you are the story, and wanting a story to be true. When itâ??s not.

This is the same individual who went running to Strathclyde Police with tales of assault and corruption amongst the press in Scotland, only for Glasgow's finest to dismiss his claims out of hand. This prompted the aforesaid Thomson to claim the Polis were in on the corruption as well. Ah nothing like a good old conspiracy theory to cover up your own shortcomings or lack of moral fibre or integrity.. He is also the same individual whose duplicity was exposed when he denied knowing the significance of the Ibrox Disaster memorial. Still, he will be in good company at BBC Scotland â?? the seem to like employing persons skilled in the art of duplicity and denial â?? hence why Graham Spiers got a job.

However its good to know that BBC Scotland are using my licence money in a responsible manner by importing guests of impeccable professional credentials whose personal integrity is beyond reproach. I do wonder however if McConville's appearance on BBC Scotland will prompt the Law Society of Scotland to send along an observer given the strict conditions they placed upon him at his Scottish Solicitors Disciplinary Hearing, after he failed to pursue compensation claims in respect of miner's relatives which led to his public humiliation.

But with his professional integrity and reputation in tatters Mr McConville has attempted to restore his battered personal reputation by way of his web blog â?? Random Thoughts On Scot's Law. Mr McConville has a penchant you see for apparently waffling on all matters legal. He likes nothing better to ruminate over all aspects of the law in Scotland. It might come as a surprise to some of you that he only managed to ever ruminate once over Scotland's worst ever mass murderer Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, and his subsequent release from prison on compassionate grounds. Compare this to his many hundred Rangers related articles and you will see that his ruminating is particularly one dimensional. A fitting qualification of course for a BBC Scotland appearance.

So with the ominous approach of Shock and Awe are Rangers supporters everywhere scrambling for cover ?

No not quite. Instead we are laughing at you. And laughing very loudly.

McConville's proposed appearance on tonight's Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland is clear evidence that the sensitivities of Rangers supporters do NOT count at Pacific Quay. Cosgrove will be Chairing an hour long discussion, and I am positive he has been party to the decision that has seen an invitation extended to McConville; however, ultimately it is the show's Producer that makes the decision on contributors. We should attempt to find out the name of the Producer.

I won't be listening. Instead I look forward to The Rising, which hopefully IS an honest look at our situation and how we've come through.

And I mean honest in two ways - 1. the facts, no ignoring stuff and 2. honestly calling out those who have worked against us.