UEFA Cup games tonight

Were the other 4 teams in our group not playing tonight? I couldn't find their results on the BBC website. :confused:

Just noticed the UEFA Cup thread in Rangers Chat. So Auxerre pummel Belgrade 4-1 in Belgrade and Maccabi and Livorno draw 1-1. How does that leave the group looking now?

Were the other 4 teams in our group not playing tonight? I couldn't find their results on the BBC website. :confused:

Just noticed the UEFA Cup thread in Rangers Chat. So Auxerre pummel Belgrade 4-1 in Belgrade and Maccabi and Livorno draw 1-1. How does that leave the group looking now?

We need to avoid defeat to be guaranteed 1st place.

If we lose Auxerre still need to beat Livorno by 2 goals to dislodge us from top spot.

Which, I think, means that we can't finish the group any worse than 2nd (and therefor getting a UEFA 1st place team as opposed to a CL drop-out team).

We need to avoid defeat to be guaranteed 1st place.

If we lose Auxerre still need to beat Livorno by 2 goals to dislodge us from top spot.

Which, I think, means that we can't finish the group any worse than 2nd (and therefor getting a UEFA 1st place team as opposed to a CL drop-out team).

You've got that one wrong Craig, the N0.2 get the CL teams No1 goes with No. 3 in the Uefa. There can possibly be some changes as teams from the same country can not be grouped together.

You've got that one wrong Craig, the N0.2 get the CL teams No1 goes with No. 3 in the Uefa. There can possibly be some changes as teams from the same country can not be grouped together.

I stand corrected Pete - glad to see you are good for something ;)

I stand corrected Pete - glad to see you are good for something ;)

Hey Craig you hit Amsterdam at the right time. The Amsterdam City Council are going to shut down most of the red light district. That will be a shock for the tourist trade. Of course you probably never went there to see it.;)

why are they shutting it down Pete ?

It wasnt as seedy as I expected it to be !

I only caught a short piece on the news so i don't know the whole story yet but they are not renewing licences because they suspect most of the owners are using them to launder black money. They are probably right as well. As i said it will probably affect the tourist industry as everyone goes to see it. Well they only admit to seeing it.;)