the delay of the shirt manufacturer

I think it's fair to say their global profile may be raised as a result of being associated with Nike over Umbro but I doubt it would make a huge differences to sales per se.

it must though, it is more readily available in hundreds more countries and thousands more shops. and they have alot more fans across the globe than us.

it must though, it is more readily available in hundreds more countries and thousands more shops. and they have alot more fans across the globe than us.

They have a lot more fans across the globe than us? I'd love to see that proven...! :D

It may well be available in a few more shops but do you really think a young Chinese or Indian lad would buy a Celtic strip over what else was available? In a general sense the Old Firm will sell very similar amounts of strips - I think that's pretty much nailed on for all the reasons previously discussed.

They have a lot more fans across the globe than us? I'd love to see that proven...! :D

It may well be available in a few more shops but do you really think a young Chinese or Indian lad would buy a Celtic strip over what else was available? In a general sense the Old Firm will sell very similar amounts of strips - I think that's pretty much nailed on for all the reasons previously discussed.

you dont seriously think so? i thought that was generally accepted that was the case. they certainly get more glamour friendlies than us around the world, no? and paid well for them too.

maybe if one of his/her natives were playing for them. like a ki, cha, nakamura, killen, scott mcdonald, wanyama, kayal, izaguirre etc etc. who knows. i do believe however there will be alot more ex pats from the uk and ireland who come from celtic minded backgrounds than rangers ones. they breed like rats and number so many i dont think being outnumbered by them is anything to be ashamed of tbh. its not like the difference between the clubs in the top flight is that huge. the gap is closable imo. but we need a bigger stadium! :D

to put the debate to bed i would love the actual factual figures for shirt sales for each year for the last 5-10 years. it would be very interesting. i dont believe it would be as close as you think but would love to be proved wrong.

So you're making claims like that based on they get more glamour friendlies than us? :D

I've no idea how anyone could measure such a stat but once again I'd be surprised if they had 'lots' more fans than us. Really is quite bizarre how you seem so keen to push these 'facts' about Celtic being so much better than us in every area.

Without any real evidence I prefer Occam's razor to be used. That tells us Rangers and Celtic are almost identical in every way when it comes to size. Sure, they may well be more commercially better off at the moment but that can change over a relatively short period.

i've een to dublin a good few times and am yet to see a celtc strip. plently of chelsea and man utd but not a singe celtc strip. mostly you see local gaelic football teams etc.

the notion celtc sell lots of strips abroad seems spurious to me.

I use another forum and almost every Irish poster on it supports Liverpool or Man Utd. Very few are interested in Celtic. Not the most scientific of evidence but this suggestion that Rangers are dwarved by Celtic really is pretty bizarre. No idea why any bear would want to perpetuate myths like that.

So you're making claims like that based on they get more glamour friendlies than us? :D

I've no idea how anyone could measure such a stat but once again I'd be surprised if they had 'lots' more fans than us. Really is quite bizarre how you seem so keen to push these 'facts' about Celtic being so much better than us in every area.

Without any real evidence I prefer Occam's razor to be used. That tells us Rangers and Celtic are almost identical in every way when it comes to size. Sure, they may well be more commercially better off at the moment but that can change over a relatively short period.

no, not at all, i dont know why you would ask that if you bothered to read my reply, that was just one example. i did mention ex pats too below that. another example. and signing players from random countries another.

oh im not, trust me, i am not. i just thought it was widely accepted they were globally "larger". i have never saw anyone argue it until you did. i am actually pleasantly surprised it may not be true tbh.

the gap is only getting bigger atm. we need back in the big time asap.

I use another forum and almost every Irish poster on it supports Liverpool or Man Utd. Very few are interested in Celtic. Not the most scientific of evidence but this suggestion that Rangers are dwarved by Celtic really is pretty bizarre. No idea why any bear would want to perpetuate myths like that.

lawwell has a rather hypnotic control over certain people. though even most celtc fans see through it.

for the last 4 years we were in the spl our financial results were better then theirs. hard to see how with celtc being this mammoth commercial success but they were.

lawwell has a rather hypnotic control over certain people. though even most celtc fans see through it.

for the last 4 years we were in the spl our financial results were better then theirs. hard to see how with celtc being this mammoth commercial success but they were.

we were in the champions league which adds almost £20m to our turnover. lol they can handle no european football better than we could because they were richer, better run and, well i thought, bigger. their turnover without european football i suspect is larger than ours without european football. thats probably the best measure to judge size of clubs.

our average turnover without europe in the spl was between £38 and £40m.

this is celtics, for those years where they played in europe you can take off between £15m and £20m for european revenue. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/265708-spl-financial-health-check-celtic/

Edited by kuznetsov