the delay of the shirt manufacturer

You really love to make grand claims about our fans and club without no evidence. I see no Rangers fan happy with drawing or Ally's poor performance. None at all.

As for the problems starting after 9IAR, was that because we had Nike as a strip maker - I thought using them made a club a worldwide certainty? :D

In actual fact, our problems started during 9IAR when our success wasn't invested properly - into a youth system, into scouting, into coaching and into the stadium infrastructure. This meant when DA arrived we gambled money in the short-term with minimal long-term security.

then open your eyes, i see plenty. we have 2 or 3 on here unable or refusing to see the truth. there are even more on other certain forums. twitter is also riddled with those of the 'excuse making blind faith' thinking.

trolling in its weakest form there frankie. a comment you didnt need to make. we all know it was because we hired a buying manager who then spent tens of millions of pounds we never had, obviously.

och those problems go back even further than that if you want to be pernickity about it. advocaat at least spotted the need for a training ground but the club still dont know how to use it.

we were in the champions league which adds almost £20m to our turnover. lol they can handle no european football better than we could because they were richer, better run and, well i thought, bigger. their turnover without european football i suspect is larger than ours without european football. thats probably the best measure to judge size of clubs.

our average turnover without europe in the spl was between £38 and £40m.

this is celtics, for those years where they played in europe you can take off between £15m and £20m for european revenue. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/265708-spl-financial-health-check-celtic/

Can't use that for an accurate comparison as their figures include gross merchandise sales ours during that period included net receipts from the JJB dea, nice try though!!

Can't use that for an accurate comparison as their figures include gross merchandise sales ours during that period included net receipts from the JJB dea, nice try though!!

how do we do it then? isnt turnover just turnover before any overheads are taken off?

how do we do it then? isnt turnover just turnover before any overheads are taken off?

Depends on how you derive that turnover.

Celtic handle their own strip sales (pretty much) whilst we sold our rights to JJB. Two very different methods of calculation of revenue.

Celtic's turnover is gross sales (BEFORE overheads) whilst ours was NET INCOME (AFTER overheads)

Our jjb income of £4.8 million per annum is the equivalent of £25 million on turnover , the profit on merchandising is industry averaged at 20% of turnover , in football it's generally less , 18% is more like it but if you average it out that would ate us to approx £65 million turnover with no Europe , just slightly less than septic , given their larger capacity that is where the difference lies

Our jjb income of £4.8 million per annum is the equivalent of £25 million on turnover , the profit on merchandising is industry averaged at 20% of turnover , in football it's generally less , 18% is more like it but if you average it out that would ate us to approx £65 million turnover with no Europe , just slightly less than septic , given their larger capacity that is where the difference lies

thanks mate. thats all i was looking for and i think reinforces my belief that we need a bigger ground. i was gutted losing out on ledley and commons but kind of glad we missed out on brown! we need to be able to financially compete with them. i do wonder how they will cope against a well run rangers in the future.

It worked out at £6m due to the upfront payment and the early termination.