Cammy far more exposed at Ibrox

[h=3]A RANGERS goalkeeper will live or die by the ONE save he makes in a big game.[/h]It can be a brutal, unforgiving environment.

Make it work, however, and youâ??ll spend the happiest days of your career being hero-worshipped by the Ibrox faithful.

And thatâ??s the challenge facing Cammy Bell as he prepares to make his move from Kilmarnock.

I think heâ??s a fantastic young keeper.

Heâ??s brave, agile and undoubtedly one of the best shotstoppers in the SPL.

He caught my eye a few seasons ago and Iâ??ve watched him develop into a top class keeper. But keeping goal for Killie and keeping them out for Rangers â?? even down in the Third Division â?? are two different things.

At Rugby Park Bell could get away with the odd mistake.

It would be covered up by the countless other stops heâ??d made in the match.

But at Rangers, where perhaps youâ??re only called upon once or twice, cock-it-up and youâ??ll learn the hard way.

Iâ??ve always said that moving to Rangers or Celtic is as much a test of your character than anything else.

You can have all the ability in the world, but if you cannot cope with the mental strain playing at an institution where the demands are that you win every week you wonâ??t be there long.

And, presuming Neil Alexander signs his new deal, Bell will also have to get used to playing second fiddle.

There has been much debate among the fans as to who should get the nod next season assuming both are on the books. For me itâ??s a no-brainer.

Alexander is the No1 choice and he should start next season.

I firmly believe Bellâ??s signing will be a good thing for Alexander too. Heâ??s made one or two mistakes and for me it boils down to a lack of competition.

Had Bell been breathing down his neck Iâ??m sure mistakes wouldnâ??t have happened.

Listen, everyone needs competition.

I had it myself when I was at Ibrox.

Christ, when I left, you had Stefan Klos, Lionel Charbonnier, Antti Niemi and Allan McGregor all battling for the No1 jersey.

I know Ally McCoist would love to have Alexander and Bell on board next season.

The Rangers boss is attempting to rebuild after the hell of administration left him with just SIX players.

He wants to take Gers back to the top and to do that he is going to need a squad of talented players.

In time Iâ??m sure Bell will establish himself as No1 at Ibrox. But for now heâ??ll just need to settle for being Alexanderâ??s understudy.

Whatâ??s more, Iâ??m sure Bell will be the first of many signings for McCoist as he continues to rebuild.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4807009/Cammy-far-more-exposed-at-Ibrox.html#ixzz2LaCFMPFf

Nobody is lying ffs, I would think Rangers are trying to give the lad as much breathing space as they can while he sees out his contract at Killie. Of course Cammy is going to tell his close family, its the biggest move of his life and of course his family are going to tell all their mates in the pub.

But don't let common sense get in the way of another whose lying now thread.

Guest Thetinman

As an English exile ,I don't see much of the rest of Scottish football .

I have seen Bell on a few occasions when he has faced us.

Not really enough to form a real opinion of him , if he does sign is he good enough?

Maybe a few better informed posters than myself could enlighten me.

I must admit I've not really seen a lot of the guy either. Any time he's played against us, I can't remember him being all that special.

However, he clearly has his admirers and is arguably the type of home-grown player with potential we should be looking to sign.

Nobody is lying ffs, I would think Rangers are trying to give the lad as much breathing space as they can while he sees out his contract at Killie. Of course Cammy is going to tell his close family, its the biggest move of his life and of course his family are going to tell all their mates in the pub.

But don't let common sense get in the way of another whose lying now thread.

well you are now as well, :D green clearly stated yesterday, with quotes, he has not spoken to the player or his agents.