Diouf: No Hemdani interest

Put this on transfer talk on the footie chat but i thought iit deserved a place on the Rangers chat.

Personally i would be sorry to see him go as i think with the right partner and a defensive coaching he could be a great sweeper.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Marseille chairman Pape Diouf has denied he has any interest in bringing Rangers defender Brahim Hemdani back to Stade Velodrome.

Reports in France had suggested the 28-year-old would return to his former club in the transfer window to help the French side resolve their defensive problems, but Diouf claims the stories are pure fabrication.

"I have just been told about it, but that is not accurate information," he told But.

"It is not reality, it has no base."

It has also been confirmed this week that Marseille will play their behind-closed-doors game on January 24.

Marseille received the one-game punishment early in November as a result of a bomb thrown by one of their fans in the 2-1 away defeat against Nice, which caused a fireman to lose two fingers.

The January game against Auxerre was chosen because league officials wanted a mid-week game that could be played in the afternoon so as to reduce the possibility of trouble around the stadium.

The decision comes as a disappointment for Auxerre's former l'OM boss Jean Fernandez, however, who wanted an emotional return to the club he left last season.

"I am very disappointed," he said. "I didn't want to come back to Stade Velodrome in front of empty seats.

"It would have really been a pleasure to play in Marseille in a full stadium."

Put this on transfer talk on the footie chat but i thought iit deserved a place on the Rangers chat.

Personally i would be sorry to see him go as i think with the right partner and a defensive coaching he could be a great sweeper.

"

And he has been our best player this season. But he is a midfielder for me (long term)

Hemdani's been really good this year in MIDFIELD. I don't rate him at cb. Sweeper - yes. defender - definitely not. Central midfield - definitely

It reflects how poorly the team have been doing if we're singing the praises of Hemdani, but you have to give credit where it's due. Ian Murray was similar at the start of last season.

Hemdani has shown his quality but when he's playing at CB I think he's a luxury we can't afford. If we played in a much slower-paced league I think he could be a star at CB as he's strolling through games. Or maybe if we had someone commanding alongside him, he'd flourish at CB. Trouble is, as Celtic have figured out some time ago, a good basis for a team in the SPL is two big centre halves who can just go through people to get to the ball.

Its also confusing that Hemdani seems much more confident to take players on and move forward with the ball while playing at centre half than he does when playing in midfield.

what games do you go to

the same ones as me !!! he has been a stand out in this poor rangers team him and fergie (boyd for the goals) id replace most

Smith

hemdani

fergie

adam

the rest ... they have till the end of the season to prove they aint shit

Del.