New rule book for Scottish Professional Football League

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/new-rule-book-for-merged-body.20357010

A rule book has been drawn up for the proposed Scottish Professional Football League, and clubs will be able to see the documents before deciding whether or not to vote in favour of the new set-up.

The Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League members are expected to hold their respective votes next month, with a single, merged body considered to be possible in time for the beginning of next season.

As part of the league reconstruction proposals, a fairer wealth distribution model will be introduced, along with more play-offs between leagues and, most contentiously, a 12-12-18 structure for Scotland's 42 professional clubs. Many teams are still uncertain about the latter, but a majority want to see the SPL and the SFL merge.

Seems to me that 12-12-18 looks all but certain for next season. One does wonder how badly our season ticket sales will be hit given we're likely to face many of the same teams again in 2013/14.

will depend on the manager, the prices. i dont think they will be to badly affected though.

Our fans have shown this season they'll back the club 100% despite poor football. I think that's in part due to some different opposition and lower prices.

Not so sure the figures will be the same if we're playing the same teams again, the prices rise and the product remains so average.

Our fans have shown this season they'll back the club 100% despite poor football. I think that's in part due to some different opposition and lower prices.

Not so sure the figures will be the same if we're playing the same teams again, the prices rise and the product remains so average.

i dont think they have tbh frankie. no one knew this season was going to be so poor, everyone was expecting a new brand of football and an exciting dawn. over the course of the season, season book holders have stopped going in numbers and with no sign or hint of improvement or progression, those who blindly purchased books last summer in defiance or complete support of the club will not be doing the same again imo.

i dont think they have tbh frankie. no one knew this season was going to be so poor, everyone was expecting a new brand of football and an exciting dawn. over the course of the season, season book holders have stopped going in numbers and with no sign or hint of improvement or progression, those who blindly purchased books last summer in defiance or complete support of the club will not be doing the same again imo.

Disagree. Fans buy season tickets for a variety of reasons - some noble, some sensible and some daft.

For me I knew the football wouldn't be great this season (both from us and the opposition) but I didn't buy my season book out of defiance or economic reasons - just because I love my club and enjoy the day out with my friends. That won't change next season - no matter who is the manager, how much the ticket is or who we're playing.

Clearly, that won't be the same for everyone so I do envisage a fall in renewals. However, none of us can say it's down to one specific reason IMHO.

Disagree. Fans buy season tickets for a variety of reasons - some noble, some sensible and some daft.

For me I knew the football wouldn't be great this season (both from us and the opposition) but I didn't buy my season book out of defiance or economic reasons - just because I love my club and enjoy the day out with my friends. That won't change next season - no matter who is the manager, how much the ticket is or who we're playing.

Clearly, that won't be the same for everyone so I do envisage a fall in renewals. However, none of us can say it's down to one specific reason IMHO.

money will be key for the majority. most things in life are. the cheap tickets this year have brought out great numbers but i am not so sure with such poor football on show the numbers will continue. alot of glory hunters would have been hooked this year into thinking we would be winning every week as well. even they may think twice.

that is you. everyone is different of course.

maybe not but we can guess and debate it. i know my family and i will not be back at ibrox until a new management team are in place.

Edited by kuznetsov

Changing the competition and setup within a season is sure not a legal thing to do, not to mention the much cited "sporting integrity". I for one would like to see someone ask UEFA et al about this, citing the very same reasons given by Scum FC when our request for a league extension ahead of the EL final was thrown out ... to their advantage.

Generally ... the "product" will not be much "poorer" or equally "poor" as this season. For we will face some different teams in the "same" tier that we would get after promotion (for either way it will be the third tier) and we will bring in fresh players in September and January. I do expect that season tickets will not reach the "defiance" levels of this season, but even 25 to 30k is enormous and people will still come to Ibrox in their droves on a match day.

Are the SFL really going to vote for this? Are they going to be happy with a 18 team league whereby there are loads of meaningless games for a majoroty of clubs?

I know that the SPL are motivated through hatred of us but surely many of the SFL clubs would be looking after their own best interests?