They want Rangers back !!

Sod of Provan, you and all your pals in the media were going on about the sporting integrity during the summer when we were put into the 3rd division what would be sporting about putting a young inexperienced squad into the SPL,we still have a transfer embargo and have lost all our big players because of an unfounded witch hunt by the bheasts from the east,if the teams that didn't want us are willing to compensate us for the players that we lost during the summer then we shouldn't entertain this idea and should work our way back up the leagues in a sporting manner ,if in the meantime leagues and teams fold hard luck , you were warned

"Charles Green eyeballing Peter Lawwell in the boardroom? Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist in each otherâ??s faces on the track in front of a baying mob?

Bring it on."

Journos use language like that, then when there's a wee bit of trouble at the match, they're ranting about Scotland's shame, old firm madness and all the other mock outrage cliches.

I'd rather be interested in the info that GDS got about the SFA wanting a 20-20 league structure than any mumblings of a sports journo.

In the end, the SFA, SPL and SFL should get together with Sky et al and trash out something useful, rather than the former three throwing snippets at one another while Sky looks on rather bemused and becoming increasingly disinterested.

I don't know where the 20-20 info comes from, but I don't see how it would be possible to do it with 42 teams. :D

I'm a huge fan of the idea of moving to a simple structure of two bigger leagues, but it would need to be either 18-24 or 20-22.

FWIW, I wouldn't be against us being reintroduced to the top flight sooner than expected because I don't think we should have had to start at the bottom anyway. The lowest level we should have been playing at this season is the 1st Division.

I don't know where the 20-20 info comes from, but I don't see how it would be possible to do it with 42 teams. :D

I'm a huge fan of the idea of moving to a simple structure of two bigger leagues, but it would need to be either 18-24 or 20-22.

FWIW, I wouldn't be against us being reintroduced to the top flight sooner than expected because I don't think we should have had to start at the bottom anyway. The lowest level we should have been playing at this season is the 1st Division.

hearts and dunfermline both closing down in the summer.

Guest Dummiesoot

aye charlie green going eyeball to slitball with charlie chan.

"ay up lad with eyes like that you must be a bit of a wanker"

I think it's a tough one to call, we can't play in Europe for 2 more seasons due to UEFA financial rules, so why rush back next year? On the other hand the crowds have been falling slightly, not by much but another season of duff displays and limited excitement could take its toll.

On balance I'd say let the SPL suffer. Hopefully reconstruction plans fail this season and some of the SPL clubs end even further up sh1t creek.

Guest Thermopylae

They have not suffered nearly enough ... if we go back now there would be nothing to stop them doing it again given half a chance

I wonder if SKY or other financial contributors to Scottishfootball have had words in a few ears & told them it's not worth a jot without Rangers in the top flight. SKY's viewing figures were down something like 73% I'm sure I read recently.

That said, it's difficult to see how we could be in top division next season unless the SPL was allowed to go bust & all its team had to apply for SFL membership who could then create a new top division to include these clubs and Rangers. Then, of course, there would be a problem in that we had to start at the bottom in SFL3 so why wouldn't they? SFL clubs would rightly be unhappy IMO