Potential Signings?

Even if he doesn't have any options lined up, he's unlikely to be skint given the length of time he was at Middlesbrough on high wages, so I doubt if he'll be willing to play for low wages. I could be wrong though!

We're paying folk like Black and Sandaza 7k a week, sums up football if that is low wages.

I think it'd be more likely him not fancying a lower division slog, especially with all those injuries.

We're paying folk like Black and Sandaza 7k a week, sums up football if that is low wages.

I think it'd be more likely him not fancying a lower division slog, especially with all those injuries.

7k a week is probably around half of what Thomson was getting off us before going to Middlesbrough where he's been on great money.

Fair point about the lower division slog though!

7k a week is probably around half of what Thomson was getting off us before going to Middlesbrough where he's been on great money.

Fair point about the lower division slog though!

Thomson's stock will have gone down greatly though since his time with us and when Middlesbrough first signed him, more through misfortune with injury but still the reality of the situation.

I could be proven wrong but I think if he wants to continue his career he'll need to accept reduced wages somewhere.

Thomson's stock will have gone down greatly though since his time with us and when Middlesbrough first signed him, more through misfortune with injury but still the reality of the situation.

I could be proven wrong but I think if he wants to continue his career he'll need to accept reduced wages somewhere.

I know he's had injuries since going to Middlesbrough, but he's still played a fair number of games for them over the past two seasons (almost 50 games) and that's a good sign when you consider the size of Middlesbrough's 1st team squad.

I know he's had injuries since going to Middlesbrough, but he's still played a fair number of games for them over the past two seasons (almost 50 games) and that's a good sign when you consider the size of Middlesbrough's 1st team squad.

50 games isn't so impressive when you consider how large the fixture list is for Championship clubs.

He had bad injuries with Hibs and us as well remember, it's built up to cause him a lot of problems. I imagine Mowbray has tried hard with him having managed him at Hibs but he's had barely any look in this season and has been training back at Hibs rather than having another Championship club snap him up.

He's probably become the type of player where clubs would only fancy him on a pay-as-you-play deal.

50 games isn't so impressive when you consider how large the fixture list is for Championship clubs.

Most players who sign for clubs with large squads are lucky to get 50 games in two seasons even without any injuries, so I think for Thomson to get almost 50 games at Middlesbrough even with injuries during his time there is pretty damn good tbh.

It sums up football when a Rooney or CR7 are getting 200k upwards a week. Is Sandaza 30-times less a footballer than Rooney? I'd have my doubts.

Said it before, if we have a wage cap at 7 to 10k a week wouldn't bother me for a club of our size and stature. By the looks of it, is is also within the plan set out in the prospectus. If the turnover rises, these sums will rise and "better" footballers may come too.

It sums up football when a Rooney or CR7 are getting 200k upwards a week. Is Sandaza 30-times less a footballer than Rooney? I'd have my doubts.

Said it before, if we have a wage cap at 7 to 10k a week wouldn't bother me for a club of our size and stature. By the looks of it, is is also within the plan set out in the prospectus. If the turnover rises, these sums will rise and "better" footballers may come too.

I'd suggest it's more like 50x :-)