Charles Green on talksport tomorrow

I cant imagine that the club pays their players wages in advance, that would go against normal practice. Almost all businesses pay their players in arrears and, if that is the case, then CG is wrong.

However, given everything with Rangers in the last 13 months has been as clear as mud it could be that the players demanded wages in advance to ensure that they got paid.

He's taken on the clubs enemies and so far won so bit of slack for the man surely?

I see quite a number of folk saying this type of thing about him Dan, but I don't really get it or follow the train of thought at all.

Can someone (anyone!) tell me what battles with the club's enemies Green's taken on and won?

• Winning the "big tax case" against HMRC was nothing to do with Green.
  • Winning the SPL's trumped-up EBT/dual contract inquiry was nothing to do with Green.

AND

We're currently serving out a player transfer ban which a top judge at the Court of Session ruled unlawful last year.

So, where are these epic battles Green's been fighting and winning for us? Help me out here. What am I missing?

I see quite a number of folk saying this type of thing about him Dan, but I don't really get it or follow the train of thought at all.

Can someone (anyone!) tell me what battles with the club's enemies Green's taken on and won?

• Winning the "big tax case" against HMRC was nothing to do with Green.
  • Winning the SPL's trumped-up EBT/dual contract inquiry was nothing to do with Green.

AND

We're currently serving out a player transfer ban which a top judge at the Court of Session ruled unlawful last year.

So, where are these epic battles Green's been fighting and winning for us? Help me out here. What am I missing?

Yes it was, they tried to take them off us via a bargaining chip last summer.

Yes it was, they tried to take them off us via a bargaining chip last summer.

That was before the actual investigation and kangaroo court. Specific details and solid facts about what happened last summer are still murky, but it's safe to say that accepting the stripping of titles as part of the agreement to get our SFA membership transferred should never ever have even been an option, so it certainly wasn't a battle won that can be credited to Charles Green, whether the man himself would like to portray it that way or not.

That was before the actual investigation and kangaroo court. Specific details and solid facts about what happened last summer are still murky, but it's safe to say that accepting the stripping of titles as part of the agreement to get our SFA membership transferred should never ever have even been an option, so it certainly wasn't a battle won that can be credited to Charles Green, whether the man himself would like to portray it that way or not.

Yes it can, a weaker man could have just accepted it.

Yes it can, a weaker man could have just accepted it.

I've never heard anything like it. :facepalm:

I'd love to hear Ally McCoist and Andrew Dickson's truthful accounts of what happened at those membership transfer meetings with the SFA last summer because I'd wager we've got more to thank those guys for in terms of standing up for Rangers and our titles than Charles Green!

I'd love to hear Ally McCoist and Andrew Dickson's truthful accounts of what happened at those membership transfer meetings with the SFA last summer because I'd wager we've got more to thank those guys for in terms of standing up for Rangers and our titles than Charles Green!

That's just your anti-Green stance seeing you jump to such a conclusion.

Ally and Andrew can take credit along with Charles.

Zappa CG admitted that Ally had pulled him over on that count. I think you also have to give Green credit for having no idea of what he was getting into on a political front. we all have to learn from someone.