Tolerance

Guest mccoist9

I've sat shaking my head at your posts DB, so can you tell me just what you have seen this season that makes you think its suddenly going to click come August.

Make that "come September" ... and as with every season before, it will most likely not "click" immediately. But we may well have a set of players that people view more capable to reach a standard a Rangers team should be able to perform throughout a campaign.

Craig, I read your reply and do not concur. To me it was clear that this side will not set the heather alight from the start, nor will be able to keep it up all season. And I'm not surprised that they met these expectations. What I did not expect was the way they perform week in and week out of late, the reasons for that are pretty clear and I won't debate them in here again.

I did expect ridiculous scores every week, with law of averages meaning there'd be the occasional off day.

Some may think that's unreasonable but it's what I feel we should have done.

At home against any of the teams in the league with the standard of player we have, we should be rattling in 5 goals a game at least.

Make that "come September" ... and as with every season before, it will most likely not "click" immediately. But we may well have a set of players that people view more capable to reach a standard a Rangers team should be able to perform throughout a campaign.

Craig, I read your reply and do not concur. To me it was clear that this side will not set the heather alight from the start, nor will be able to keep it up all season. And I'm not surprised that they met these expectations. What I did not expect was the way they perform week in and week out of late, the reasons for that are pretty clear and I won't debate them in here again.

DB you told me this last July/August give them till September, they've had no preseason then it was Christmas, then its give him this season it will be ok next season. Just who do think is going to sign for us in the bottom tier that will make any difference to the lacklustre attitude and general malaise that seems to be what Rangers stands for these days.

Everyone of us thought that squad will do after a couple of months, Ally will get them playing his new attacking free flowing football he was talking about. Well it never happened we has made almost everyone of them a worse player and suddenly this free flowing football from Ally has become well we did well to match them in that half, absolutely mind boggling .

We will have to agree to disagree then, and I believe you are at least partially making that statement based on hindsight and a knowledge that there was a chance the wheels would fall off. First month I will give you as they get used to new surroundings, less time on the ball etc. However, a team full of SPL players (SPL standard at least) should not struggle the way we have and looking back to last August I dont know how anyone could think differently.

ANY SPL team, if they played ANY SFL3 team today (outside of us, obviously) and got beat would be considered a very large shock. Shows how far we have tumbled.

craig ... we've been playing poor for months now - by our standards. No-one is debating this. The factsheet still tells you: 2 defeats in 28 games, 6 draws. Or, in other words, 2 "shocks" and "6 minor shocks" in nigh 7 months, cup exits apart. If you look at our squad, can you really state that you could not have envisaged this?

The problem lies with expectations. Has anyone expected just 2 defeats in 28 games, or imagined a white-wash and a clean sheet throughout the season? You look at the opinion on our signings and generally they were all regarded as average to poor - for Rangers standards. You got half-a-handful of Rangers material, some seasoned SPL-people, some untried foreigners, an old Brazilianand and a handful of promising youngsters. Anyone with an open mind saw that we would not shine throughout the season. The people there did what was asked of them - i.e. win games - and not much more. As sad as it is. I for one expect better next season.

I agree, but think it goes further than expectation levels of our own team being too high. I also believe that many have underestimated the level of the opposition. Sure, they're part-timers and on paper at least we should be playing them off the park. To these teams however these games against us are massive to the extent that it would be an understatement to call it their equivilent of us playing in the CL.

We do need to strengthen and when we do I'd expect an improvement, but I would also still expect to see us having to grind out results. If the current Ceptic side were dropped in div3 I for one don't believe they'd win 36 games. They might do better than we've done in a lot of the games. As much as I hate to say it they do have a far better team than we do currently. They wouldn't win them all though and some of those they did win would be a struggle.

I think it's difficult for us all to get a proper sense of perspective here. There have been disappointments this season and Saturday was no exception, but we'll still win this league comfortably ...and the next one as well. To me at this point, that's alll that matters.

We will have to agree to disagree then, and I believe you are at least partially making that statement based on hindsight and a knowledge that there was a chance the wheels would fall off. First month I will give you as they get used to new surroundings, less time on the ball etc. However, a team full of SPL players (SPL standard at least) should not struggle the way we have and looking back to last August I dont know how anyone could think differently.

ANY SPL team, if they played ANY SFL3 team today (outside of us, obviously) and got beat would be considered a very large shock. Shows how far we have tumbled.

SFL2 & SFL3 teams are quite regularly getting results against SPL clubs in the Cup competitions (occasionally junior sides too!). To me it just highlights that the standard of the SPL isn't as far ahead of the lower leagues as many people seem to think it is and I warned about this before the season even started because I said SFL3 teams wouldn't be as easy to play against as some people were making out. Anyone with expectations of us putting Rugby scores past teams every week and never losing a game was just completely naive.