Tolerance

Guest mccoist9

Guest mccoist9

Mercifully I missed the debacle of Saturday but I have been pondering something for a few weeks now and was wondering what the rest of the members think.

Would we have been more tolerant of the dropped points this season had we elected to give youth a chance this season ( I know lads like McLeod and McKay have played reltaively regularly- I mean one to XI being all drawn from the youth ranks) rather than peppering our squad with, dare I say, overpaid 'SPL' standard players?

The problem lies with expectations. Has anyone expected just 2 defeats in 28 games, or imagined a white-wash and a clean sheet throughout the season? You look at the opinion on our signings and generally they were all regarded as average to poor - for Rangers standards. You got half-a-handful of Rangers material, some seasoned SPL-people, some untried foreigners, an old Brazilianand and a handful of promising youngsters. Anyone with an open mind saw that we would not shine throughout the season. The people there did what was asked of them - i.e. win games - and not much more. As sad as it is. I for one expect better next season.

Regarding the whole subject of Ally's "capability as a Rangers Manager" surely the decent thing to do is to be patient with him until the League is won, then consider his future.

I find the idea of ousting him at this time quite repugnant after all he has been through on behalf of the Club.

Regarding the whole subject of Ally's "capability as a Rangers Manager" surely the decent thing to do is to be patient with him until the League is won, then consider his future.

I find the idea of ousting him at this time quite repugnant after all he has been through on behalf of the Club.

There's probably not much point in getting rid now but I would do it as soon as the season ends.

The problem lies with expectations. Has anyone expected just 2 defeats in 28 games, or imagined a white-wash and a clean sheet throughout the season? You look at the opinion on our signings and generally they were all regarded as average to poor - for Rangers standards. You got half-a-handful of Rangers material, some seasoned SPL-people, some untried foreigners, an old Brazilianand and a handful of promising youngsters. Anyone with an open mind saw that we would not shine throughout the season. The people there did what was asked of them - i.e. win games - and not much more. As sad as it is. I for one expect better next season.

Not one of the signings were considered poor for the level we are playing at. I dont think anyone suggested otherwise. Almost to a person we, as Bears, recognised the level we were at and were happy with the quality of player we brought in.

We have SPL standard players who have now lost two league games with more than a handful of draws on top of that - against the WORST of Scottish football's teams (no disrespect but they are playing in SFL 3 for a reason). If we drew ANY of these teams in the Scottish Cup, even with our current crop of players, we would consider a loss to them as one of, if not the, worst results in our history, and rightly so. Losing at home to Annan is criminal.

Sorry dB but it doesnt come down to open or closed mindedness. It is looking at what is in front of you. We SHOULD have been winning every week in this league, no doubt about it. The odd draw here and a defeat there would have been acceptable to me as I dont expect perfection and recognise that football is about TWO teams, not just one. But the number of games we have lost and drawn is unacceptable when you consider the standard of player we have vs the standard of player we are up against.

Almost the ONLY time this season we have looked capable of anything of note (yes, we have had big wins in SFL3 but so we should) was against Motherwell. That night the same players showed the standard that they CAN play to, but they did it as a one-off because it was our first game against SPL opposition having been punted from the SPL ourselves. We won 2-0 and it could have been 4 or 5. Yet since then we have gotten progressively worse. Why is that ?

He deserves to stay till the end of the season as we will win the league regardless. The issue is whether or not we can afford to extend his tenure given the poor performances.

I've sat shaking my head at your posts DB, so can you tell me just what you have seen this season that makes you think its suddenly going to click come August.

I fail to see how Ally won't be in charge next season.