Bayern Munich 9-2 Hamburg

Champions League winners elect romping to a 9-2 win.

Pete did you happen to watch this?

No way are they the CL winners this season. Losing 2-0 at home to Arsenal isn't the stuff of champions.

Champions League winners elect romping to a 9-2 win.

Pete did you happen to watch this?

I actually watched a small part of it and thought Hamburg were 0-2 in front. I was telling everyone Hamburg were in front. It was only when my son looked at the results at night that I realised that no glasses and believing what I wanted to believe meant I got it completely wrong.:oops:

No way are they the CL winners this season. Losing 2-0 at home to Arsenal isn't the stuff of champions.

I have fancied Dortmund since the start but Bayern would beat them if they meet.

I have fancied Dortmund since the start but Bayern would beat them if they meet.

They still have to meet in the last game of the season in Dortmund I believe but by then it will be a nothing to gain game.

All clicked for Bayern in that game, while Hamburg were just there watching champagne football. A few weeks ago, the same Bayern team struggled to break down Fortuna Düsseldorf, going 1-0 down and securing a 3-2 win late on. They are "on fire" now though and their 2-0 win against Juve gave them a decent enough head start for Turin. The Old Lady is not out of it yet and IMHO Barca are still the favourites. They know when to turn on the style and will do so next week and thereafter. Dortmund, let's see how they play against these new Spanish pretenders.

• 3 weeks later...