Francisco Sandaza Sacked

It totally hypocritical , Rangers have in the past and will do again exactly what happened to him , ie tap up a player , he was rottenI grant you but that isn't an excuse

And if those players are stupid enough to get caught Hell mend them.

I don't see the point in getting annoyed about this Sandaza issue. It doesn't matter that it was a prank from an idiot Celtic fan, the bottom line is that Sandaza DID break his contract non-disclosure agreement.

When it all came out and the club suspended him, it was pretty obvious that the club were going to be looking to take this sort of action.

When I think about environments I've worked in myself, it is generally the case that if you do a good or even reasonable job, and have a good attitude; then people are prepared to make allowances for the odd indiscretion. However, if you are not performing then most organisations will take advantage of opportunities to get shot of you if they come around, or you are stupid enough to allow to happen.

When you consider that Sandaza is one of our highest earners, and that he has been found wanting in almost all aspects of his Rangers career, its no surprise to see him gone.

But picking up on other recent departures, it strikes me that communication from the club is yet again the issue. If Green was more transparent about the club's on and off field strategies, we would be clearer about the objectives in play. As we have observed this season, there is a lot of dead wood at the club that we desperately need to get rid of. In the past we've been hamstrung with players on high contracts that no-one else wants, so we get lumbered with a squad-filling players who are happy to sit on the bench picking up overly inflated wages (a generalisation, I agree). We'd be hear for hours coming up with the list of them.

Time and again we've been frustrated to hear of big pay-offs negotiated by Martin Bain just to get these players off the books. However I'm not entirely sure the dealings we have seen in the last week or two will be symptomatic of the future. In any takeover or re-structuring situation there are often difficult decisions to be taken. These can result in people feeling unfairly treated, and probably with some justification. So we must not allow some short-term setbacks or bad situations to colour our overall opinion. Which brings us back to Mr Green.

He needs to sit out the club's long term strategies to the fans. Not just official fan reps, but to all supporters. Only then will we understand why certain decisions have been taken. If Green thinks our scouting needs to be revampted and there's a need to bring in someone to do that, so be it. If Green thinks our Physio's personality or work isn't up to standard, so be it. If Green thinks that a highly paid striker has breached his contract and has to go rather than have to pay him off, then so be it.

We can all agree or disagree with those individual decisions. But until Green allows us to understand his thought process and get behind his strategy, the lack of transparency will only bring further disquiet and rumour. This applies not only to staffing decisions but also our communications and media strategies too.

Its time Mr Green stepped and played a different and more transparent game.

Green (and most likely Ally too) will have seen the prank phone call becoming such a public affair as an extremely easy way to cut short an expensive flop signing. As much as I feel sorry for Sandaza as I don't think that what he said was all that bad, I can't blame the club for seizing the opportunity to cut some dead wood. At the same time, I hope it lets the rest of the players know that their contracts aren't necessarily safe.

When I think about environments I've worked in myself, it is generally the case that if you do a good or even reasonable job, and have a good attitude; then people are prepared to make allowances for the odd indiscretion. However, if you are not performing then most organisations will take advantage of opportunities to get shot of you if they come around, or you are stupid enough to allow to happen.

When you consider that Sandaza is one of our highest earners, and that he has been found wanting in almost all aspects of his Rangers career, its no surprise to see him gone.

But picking up on other recent departures, it strikes me that communication from the club is yet again the issue. If Green was more transparent about the club's on and off field strategies, we would be clearer about the objectives in play. As we have observed this season, there is a lot of dead wood at the club that we desperately need to get rid of. In the past we've been hamstrung with players on high contracts that no-one else wants, so we get lumbered with a squad-filling players who are happy to sit on the bench picking up overly inflated wages (a generalisation, I agree). We'd be hear for hours coming up with the list of them.

Time and again we've been frustrated to hear of big pay-offs negotiated by Martin Bain just to get these players off the books. However I'm not entirely sure the dealings we have seen in the last week or two will be symptomatic of the future. In any takeover or re-structuring situation there are often difficult decisions to be taken. These can result in people feeling unfairly treated, and probably with some justification. So we must not allow some short-term setbacks or bad situations to colour our overall opinion. Which brings us back to Mr Green.

He needs to sit out the club's long term strategies to the fans. Not just official fan reps, but to all supporters. Only then will we understand why certain decisions have been taken. If Green thinks our scouting needs to be revampted and there's a need to bring in someone to do that, so be it. If Green thinks our Physio's personality or work isn't up to standard, so be it. If Green thinks that a highly paid striker has breached his contract and has to go rather than have to pay him off, then so be it.

We can all agree or disagree with those individual decisions. But until Green allows us to understand his thought process and get behind his strategy, the lack of transparency will only bring further disquiet and rumour. This applies not only to staffing decisions but also our communications and media strategies too.

Its time Mr Green stepped and played a different and more transparent game.

Agree to a point Stewarty, but you can't have Green telling us he's going gut a Dept before he lets the people in that Dept know that its coming. I would think Ibrox is a pretty uncomfortable place to work at the moment everyone will know they are under review.

Let him cut the deadwood then let him talk to us about his plans going forward, and then he can tell us his reasoning for a certain course of action.

Yes if I had breached the terms of my contract and got caught, I would know sacking was on the cards.

Yeah, that's not answering the question though is it? I asked if you thought it was proportionate, not if it was legal.