Francisco Sandaza Sacked

Agree to a point Stewarty, but you can't have Green telling us he's going gut a Dept before he lets the people in that Dept know that its coming. I would think Ibrox is a pretty uncomfortable place to work at the moment everyone will know they are under review.

Let him cut the deadwood then let him talk to us about his plans going forward, and then he can tell us his reasoning for a certain course of action.

Disagree. The strategy can be to very high level. It doesn't need to give specifics. However, he's had almost a year now to do review things. We've waited long enough.

I'm hoping the SPL/SFL stuff along is one of the main distractions to this happening just yet. Perhaps they also just want to get this season out the way. But the longer he waits the louder the whispers will get.

Yeah, that's not answering the question though is it? I asked if you thought it was proportionate, not if it was legal.

If its a sacking offence in the terms of your contract then yes it's proportionate. A breach is a breach what level of breach makes no difference you have given your boss a decision to make that's your fault nobody else's.

Given some of the responses in this thread I thought sacking was the only choice also probably my choice. However it does put ourselves on a bad position as someone said any player could spout their mouth off it they want out.

We do seem to be doing restructuring whether its the manager choice or he is being overlooked in these decisions. It would be interesting to find out.

Disagree. The strategy can be to very high level. It doesn't need to give specifics. However, he's had almost a year now to do review things. We've waited long enough.

I'm hoping the SPL/SFL stuff along is one of the main distractions to this happening just yet. Perhaps they also just want to get this season out the way. But the longer he waits the louder the whispers will get.

I agree its been let the dust settle and get this season out the way, then we get down to the hard decisions. I would just like it to be done before he starts talking about the future. We have spoke about respect a lot tonight the folk at Ibrox losing their job deserve to now first before he tells a group of supporters.

Given some of the responses in this thread I thought sacking was the only choice also probably my choice. However it does put ourselves on a bad position as someone said any player could spout their mouth off it they want out.

I doubt if we need to be too worried about that metlika. If a player spouts his mouth off to the press about his contract just to get out of his contract he only makes himself less attractive to other clubs. There's better ways for a player to get out of their contract if that's what they want.

I doubt if we need to be too worried about that metlika. If a player spouts his mouth off to the press about his contract just to get out of his contract he only makes himself less attractive to other clubs. There's better ways for a player to get out of their contract if that's what they want.

Yes, it does work both ways of course.

Can't actually follow that "flop-signing" stuff on here. Sandaza managed 16 games in an injury-ridden campaign alongside average players. Asked to play as the lone striker and/or with varying partners in rather strange tactical formations. Many will beat the "oh, in the Third he should have scored 30-goals because *enter every simple explanation possible*" drum, but to brand him as flop and expansive in this day and age is somewhat over the top. Cast your mind back to dozens of much more expansive people who came and went over these past three decades, people who hardly set Ibrox alight, and think again. It is just been over a year ago that we had a team full of people earning twice if not thirce as much as Sandaza would have got in his final year, yet people run about calling him greedy or expansive. Not that I am saying that we should throw our money about, but to come up with people being expansive at 4 to 7k a week for a club of our stature? Come on. We might not get the SPL "prize money", or some of the tv deal cash, and obviously no European cash either (though that is no certainty anyway). But like in years gone by players wages were being paid by season tickets and income generated by the club itself. And for the time being, the latter does not look to have decreased to your average Third's club level, has it?

Of course wwe need to be prudent buyers. But give me that apparent long list of professional footballers willling to come to us for the money YOU would like to pay them, people who are likewise "good enough" for this club. That will be a very long list indeed, I assume.

I for one had high hopes of Sandaza when we signed him. I won't be someone bashing him for his folly, nor for his inability to establish himself at a club with probably the highest demands in Scotland and yet a mediocre squad - by our standards.

I think we saw an opportunity to cut him and went for it. Sacking him was perhaps harsh however there was an internal investigation so proper steps were taken. I'm sure Sandaza got to plead his case.

In terms of clear outs and job cuts,this is the world we live in. Companies need more from employers these days. We need people that can multi task and do more than one thing for us.

In some peoples eyes we may be doing things wrong but CG seems damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

We all more or less wanted Murray out and he's gone and Sandaza hasn't even come close to cutting the mustard.

Now more than ever we can't have slackers or be dragging people. We need results and the correct personal to move forward.

Fair play to CG iMO,debate his methods all u want but we've been a soft touch in lots of areas for far too long and it's about time all people at the club get their fingers out and start proving they are worth the big money they get from Rangers.

Sacking is over the top and as Dan says it was an opportunity to cut him.

During the phone call he repeatedly said he wanted to do things properly and not behind Rangers back. He was obviously in a weakened position and is talking in his 2nd language. Players probably get calls like this from real agents else I fail to see how he even spoke back to the club.

The caller should get done for fraud. He said a few times he was friends with Willie Mckay?