http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3723-notice-of-complaint-statement

I hope we can draw a line under this particular issue anyway.

If only it were a case of 'better late than never', but in this case it's too late.

He's had DAYS to make a public apology for the idiotic comments and has only been able to muster one now because the walls are literally closing in on him.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug 3m

The #SFA have written to #Rangers CEO Charles Green asking him for clarity about his dealing with Craig Whyte re takeover #BBCSport

I suspected this would be the case as soon as I read those comments from Green in response to Whyte. To be honest I'm surprised it's taken them as long. Maybe we'll also be hearing of some action being taken by the police to investigate some time around 12 months from now.

If only it were a case of 'better late than never', but in this case it's too late.

He's had DAYS to make a public apology for the idiotic comments and has only been able to muster one now because the walls are literally closing in on him.

For god's sake, I have an asian Rangers fan on twitter, he demanded Green apologise and emailed the club to say so, he's now satisfied to have got an apology.

It's not as if he waited for months or even weeks, it's been a few days, and anyone with sense can see the context. To declare it 'too late' is just more unnecessary bashing.

For god's sake, I have an asian Rangers fan on twitter, he demanded Green apologise and emailed the club to say so, he's now satisfied to have got an apology.

It's not as if he waited for months or even weeks, it's been a few days, and anyone with sense can see the context. To declare it 'too late' is just more unnecessary bashing.

I don't think anyone without a bias against Rangers is questioning the context. His use of the words and attempts to condone their use while speaking as our CEO is the problem.

Considering the response to his comments with allegations of racism you'd have thought it should have been a priority for him to do the right thing and apologise. At least he got there in the end.

Doesnt usually take him as long as it has to bump his gums in front of cameras and microphones.

The issue for many is probably that it will now seem that he made the apology not because it was the right thing to do but more probably because he has been charged and berated by fans and anti-racism groups for the comments.

I personally dont think there is ever a too late - but he could have saved face (personally AND for the club) by making the apology a little sooner.

I personally dont think there is ever a too late - but he could have saved face (personally AND for the club) by making the apology a little sooner.

A hell of a lot sooner Craig. He did various media interviews including an STV interview yesterday - no proper apology for the comments. He did various media interviews including an STV interview the day before yesterday - no proper apology for the comments. He's had (what is it?) over 3 days now watching the storm he started swirl out of control? Unacceptable.

Let's be honest Zappa, if it wasn't for your overall opinion of him you wouldn't be so fussy about the timing of the apology.

If it wasnt for your overall opinion of him would you be so laissez faire about the timing ? :P