I find it offensive that people's words are taken out of context, twisted and used to start a campaign of direct hate towards those individuals - even threatening their livelihood.

How can THAT be not only condoned but ENCOURAGED in today's society? It shows our morals have become FUBAR.

Whether or not anyone is offended by the actual comments themselves or not is NOT the important point, nor is whether they were used in a genuinely racist context. The important point is that the CEO of Rangers Football Club should NOT under ANY circumstances be talking about 'paki' this or 'paki' that, 'darkie' this or 'darkie' that in situations when/where he is acting as Rangers CEO and representing the club. The problem of course is that Green's mouth is uncontrollable. It open and shuts, embarrassing shit comes out and there's not a great deal that can be done about it other than asking the club to find another CEO.

I find it offensive that people's words are taken out of context, twisted and used to start a campaign of direct hate towards those individuals - even threatening their livelihood.

Here's the world's smallest violin playing cry me a river for Charles Green. :violin:

Whether or not anyone is offended by the actual comments themselves or not is NOT the important point, nor is whether they were used in a genuinely racist context. The important point is that the CEO of Rangers Football Club should NOT under ANY circumstances be talking about 'paki' this or 'paki' that, 'darkie' this or 'darkie' that in situations when/where he is acting as Rangers CEO and representing the club. The problem of course is that Green's mouth is uncontrollable. It open and shuts, embarrassing shit comes out and there's not a great deal that can be done about it other than asking the club to find another CEO.

And he's apologised, but of course when you choose to reject the apology as 'too late' then you're basically holding it against him forever.

I only wish I could be so brilliant as to never make a mistake.

Here's the world's smallest violin playing cry me a river for Charles Green. :violin:

It's not Charles Green in particular I'm talking about, it's the general persecution of anyone for not subscribing to the ridiculous extreme of "politically correct" speech.

Or do you think those with high incomes are fair game for any beating? I try to keep my musings fair to everyone - including Green...

It's not Charles Green in particular I'm talking about, it's the general persecution of anyone for not subscribing to the ridiculous extreme of "politically correct" speech.

Or do you think those with high incomes are fair game for any beating? I try to keep my musings fair to everyone - including Green...

The broader subject of political correctness and how or when it's applied is another debate though Cal.

As far as I'm concerned a National Front member could turn round say that the Rangers CEO shouldn't be using those words under any circumstances and while it would be hypocritical, it would still be true.

Generally ... While I can see and agree to the sentiments above, I would hope that those crying foul of Green for his two - taken out of context - comments and telling us of moral standards of Rangers people would also act accordingly when the name of the club and its support are tarnished by the mhedia or people in general in Scotland. There is the proverbial sh*tstorm flung at Green and consequently Rangers right now, when those same people stand idly by while we are called e.g. Huns by each and sundry to their hearts' content without even an eyebrow raised.

While we feel ashamed of Green for his words, do we also feel the shame for us when the rest of Scotland calls us e.g. Huns and we fail to act in any way to defend ourselves and the club?

While we feel ashamed of Green for his words, do we also feel the shame for us when the rest of Scotland calls us e.g. Huns and we fail to act in any way to defend ourselves and the club?

Interesting you should mention that as I think it's the lines that Green was thinking along at the time. He was just finished talking about having no issue with signing players whatever their background and this led onto â??The sectarian element of the Old Firm has been a hard thing to get used to. That is something that Iâ??ve found truly amazing and hugely surprising to find this divide in Scotland. It is a completely new concept to me. I was brought up in a mining community where whether someone was black, white, Catholic, Salvation Army, Protestant, made no difference."

This is the context in which he was discussing the use of the words and this section of the interview was even introduced with 'Green insists he hates the growing political correctness that is creeping into society...'

Personally, I'd like to see a full transcript of the interview as it appears to me that he was trying to make a point which is actually relevant to Rangers. If this is the case though, Can you imagine the outcry if he'd got straight to the point and used the 'f' word?

Getting back to the 'h' word, I think you'd find plenty folk on here wanting action to be taken if a Septic employee used that term in an interview.

Generally ... While I can see and agree to the sentiments above, I would hope that those crying foul of Green for his two - taken out of context - comments and telling us of moral standards of Rangers people

It's not just these two comments that are an issue, these are just a minor talking point in a wider range of more important problems with Green, how he conducts himself and how trustworthy his word is.

...would also act accordingly when the name of the club and its support are tarnished by the mhedia or people in general in Scotland.

There is the proverbial sh*tstorm flung at Green and consequently Rangers right now, when those same people stand idly by while we are called e.g. Huns by each and sundry to their hearts' content without even an eyebrow raised.

With all due respect, we're talking about the CEO and largest shareholder of Rangers Football Club, not the Rangers haters, not name calling in general or Scotland's social problems and our responsibility to address them.