SFA chief Stewart Regan urges SPL & SFL clubs to 'seize the moment'.........

I notice Regan doesn't explain why they have to accept no moaning or complaining or changing for 3 years, why they have to accept everything his way (or his Master's) NOW. this minute, in the midst of a season....

Bassa. Hypocritical, lying bhassa

There is no way that I am going to believe that the chairmen of all the SPL clubs,(and the SFL chairmen), can't see what we all can see!.

Stewart Milne finds St Mirren's stance on reform hard to take

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne has criticised St Mirren for going public with their opposition to Scottish league reconstruction plans.

Clubs will next week vote on the 12-12-18 model, which would involve the top two tiers splitting into three leagues of eight midway through the season.

Milne finds St Mirren's stance "very difficult to accept" and has urged Ross County to vote in favour of the plans.

The Dingwall club are understood to be considering rejecting the proposals.

PROPOSED SCOTTISH LEAGUE RESTRUCTURE

SPL proposal is for a 12-12-18 structure

Top two leagues to split into three leagues of eight after 22 matches then play a further seven home and seven away games

Leagues will be called Premier Division, Championship and National League

Top eight teams to play for title and European places; middle eight to contest promotion and relegation in and out of Premier Division; bottom eight to decide who drops into National League

11 out of 12 SPL clubs need to vote in favour of plans, while the proposal requires approval of 23 out of 30 SFL clubs

One league body to replace SPL and SFL

With an 11-1 majority needed for measures to be passed by the Scottish Premier League, 'no' votes from St Mirren and County would effectively halt the 12-12-18 plan before Scottish Football League clubs have the chance to hold a vote of their own.

Milne says all 12 top-flight clubs were in favour of the plans when they held meetings in December and January.

"To find out in the press one of the clubs changed their mind and didn't have the courtesy to wait until next Monday to discuss it with their fellow members first, I find very difficult to accept," Milne said of St Mirren's opposition.

"Many other chairmen do as well."

County chairman Roy McGregor is expected to meet with his board on Friday to decide how they will vote.

"I appreciate the way Roy and his board have handled it to date," explained Milne.

"Every single one of the 12 clubs has concerns about certain aspects of the plan. We've only been able to come up with this plan because there's been compromise on all fronts.

"Yes, they've got to look after the interests of Ross County but there's also a need to think about the wider aspects of Scottish football.

"I think if we fail to deliver this plan on Monday then there will be serious implications for Scottish football going forward."

Milne feels Scottish football "is currently on its knees financially" and believes 12-12-18 as an alternative to the current 12-10-10-10 offers a solution for all senior clubs.

"The fact that it is an all-through distribution system is going to bring benefits right down through all the clubs," he added.

"It's the easiest thing in the world to say we want a 16-team league or an 18-team league. The reality is that to introduce a 16- or 18-team league would finish off a great many clubs."

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron

Cameron has urged clubs to embrace 12-12-18

Meanwhile, Inverness Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron fears another opportunity to restructure the Scottish game may be some way off if the 12-12-18 plan is rejected.

"I'll be disappointed if the new proposals do not go through, as they deliver most of what the supporters and the majority of clubs want," he said.

"The set-up is far from ideal from an ICTFC perspective but all 42 clubs should get behind the changes proposed with a willingness to work together for the betterment of all clubs in Scotland and the game in general.

"Let's use the proposed model as a stepping stone on the journey for change, the key that unlocks the door that has remained firmly closed for so many years.

"If the SPL gets its fingers burned this time, having come such a long way, then my fear is that it may be years before we come so close again."

What's the chances of Ross County crumbling under the pressure from the rest of the SPL teams?, we know the Ross County fans voted against it and a lot of them have said they won't renew their season tickets if their board votes for it,however does anyone think they will bow to the pressure?.

Meanwhile, Inverness Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron fears another opportunity to restructure the Scottish game may be some way off if the 12-12-18 plan is rejected.

"I'll be disappointed if the new proposals do not go through, as they deliver most of what the supporters and the majority of clubs want," he said.

That is what I would call a blatant lie, not least on the basis of the survey published only recently. Maybe he should ask his own supporters ... again?

That is what I would call a blatant lie, not least on the basis of the survey published only recently. Maybe he should ask his own supporters ... again?

This is what I find hardest to accept,the blatant lies like this,the fans have already voted against it,simples!.

Lifted from FF:

As confirmed by David McCarthy (Record journo) and Stephen McGowan (Scottish Daily Mail journo) on twitter tonight.

McGowan says its like trying to nail jelly to a wall. McCarthy said Sky also refuse to discuss it.

ABERDEEN chief Stewart Milne last night warned Ross County supremo Roy MacGregor that jobs will be lost if he votes against league reconstruction.

The Dons owner made a rare public appearance to launch a passionate plea for changing to a 12-12-18 structure.

It came as Inverness Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron also begged rebel clubs not to scupper the vote.

County hold the key to getting the plans through as there must be an 11-1 majority — and St Mirren have already vowed to vote ‘no’.

Milne, one of several SPL chairman who have been in talks with MacGregor in recent days, warned: “The consequences of this not going through are bad. There are jobs on the line for everyone. If Scottish football continues to go downhill it will have serious consequences beyond individual clubs.

“If this doesn’t go through there is every prospect the game will continue to decline and it’ll probably accelerate.

“Everyone with an interest in Scottish football has to act. It’s for everyone’s benefit that we have to put our heads on the line.

“If you have a desire to see Scottish football improve then we have to get together and make it happen.”

Milne has been speaking to MacGregor, who will hold talks with his board tonight on the subject.

And he PRAISED the Staggies chairman for the way he has handled things but the Dons owner was less complimentary about St Mirren’s Stewart Gilmour, who has done a U-turn and opposed the plan so late in the day.

He said: “Roy and Ross County will make up their own minds. I respect him and the way he’s handled this.

“He will come to the meeting on Monday, listen to the arguments and eventually he’ll make up his mind.

“For me, that’s the way it should be done.

“I’m not having a go at Stewart Gilmour personally but I think St Mirren have handled this badly.

“They should have had the courtesy to go to the meeting on Monday, listen to the arguments and if they still have concerns then make up their minds then.”

St Mirren have cited their opposition to the 11-1 voting structure — the mechanism they are using to try and sink the plans — as a reason they can’t vote ‘yes’.

Milne claimed it was only when the Buddies released a statement on Monday that he became aware of voting being an issue.

He said: “At the meeting held on December 3, Stewart’s only concern was about cash flow for the middle section of the league.Voting hadn’t been an issue when we worked through the whole thing.

“If he’s going to hang his hat on the voting issue it doesn’t say a great deal for Stewart’s interest or St Mirren’s interest for Scottish football.”

Caley chief Cameron also urged County and St Mirren not to stand in the way of chance.

He said: “This is not a pick and mix vote.

“Attempting to be selective at this stage of the process is not an option.

“Change is something that’s been continually thwarted in Scottish football.

“If the SPL gets its fingers burned this time, having come such a long way, then my fear is that it may be years before we come so close again.”

I actually think SPL2 is what they want,all this 12-12-18 is farcical,when it fails the corrupt ones can turn round and say,'ah well,we tried'.

Agreed. I said the other day it wouldnt surprise me if Doncaster has a Plan B in the background which is really a Plan A and it is SPL 2 so they are in control of the majority of clubs again.

What's the chances of Ross County crumbling under the pressure from the rest of the SPL teams?, we know the Ross County fans voted against it and a lot of them have said they won't renew their season tickets if their board votes for it,however does anyone think they will bow to the pressure?.

Again agreed. County will be showered from all angles this weekend with pressure, blackmail, threats....

And as for Stewart Milne, if there is ever a chairman looking for self interest it is him. He is just pushing through Aberdeens new stadium so he can get Pittodrie for property development on his other business interests.

What County or St Mirren need to do is make a statement saying "in 2013 we are allowed to think for ourselves".