SFA chief Stewart Regan urges SPL & SFL clubs to 'seize the moment'.........

I also don't get this it's now or never pish.

It's like saying if you fail your driving test it will take years to pass it.

Meanwhile Corrupt FC are sitting quietly as their lap dogs do the chasing ....................

Aberdeen FC chairmanâ??s pledge over league reconstruction

Rangers wonâ??t be promoted, says Stewart Milne

By Charlie Allan - Published: 12/04/2013

ABERDEEN FC chairman Stewart Milne today confirmed Rangers wonâ??t benefit if the SPLâ??s revamp plan gets voted through.

Opponents of the proposed 12-12-18 league set-up have expressed concerns that it could lead to the Gers being fast-tracked up to the division below the top one.

But Milne insisted that wonâ??t happen. He said: â??Rangers would have to earn the right to reach the top division, the same as anyone else.â?

Milne also reassured Aberdeen FC fans their club would survive if the plans are rejected when the SPL clubs meet at Hampden on Monday.

Evening Express

You do not even know where to start with this piece of rubbish? Has the Dons boss now the power to stop Rangers being promoted? Was anyone who is concerned about the 12-12-18 really worried about Rangers being "fast-tracked" ... bar those who sent them down in the first place? Ain't it not the case that the whole split-set-up is utter rubbish, that the SFL will break its own rules galore if agreeing and thus whiping out a whole year's competition? Was it not that case that all the SPL club bosses had smug smiles on their faces last summer, looking forward to a season with greater competition, more spectators, more money, yes?

Can someone explain to me why the SPL clubs will be better off if this reconstruction happens?

Seems to me that the plans shown display that they will be *worse* off as they will be filtering more money they would have had, down to the lower division clubs. Not only that but a third of them will be involved in the weird middle play-off league that will surely bring in less money than the current set up?

I just don't get it and all these claims of job losses etc are given with any substantiation whatsoever. They would be as convincing in claiming if it doesn't happen then the four horsemen of the apocalypse will come. None of it makes sense, including the now or never attitude.

PS It seems to me that the one action which would actually benefit 11 of the clubs would be to promote Rangers back to the top - but that is the one thing they won't do. In fact the only reason I can see for the reconstruction now is that it will shaft Rangers once again.

Can someone explain to me why the SPL clubs will be better off if this reconstruction happens?

Seems to me that the plans shown display that they will be *worse* off as they will be filtering more money they would have had, down to the lower division clubs. Not only that but a third of them will be involved in the weird middle play-off league that will surely bring in less money than the current set up?

I just don't get it and all these claims of job losses etc are given with any substantiation whatsoever. They would be as convincing in claiming if it doesn't happen then the four horsemen of the apocalypse will come. None of it makes sense, including the now or never attitude.

My take is the SPL is broke and they desperately need to wrap it up and walk away to something new.

ABERDEEN FC chairman Stewart Milne today confirmed Rangers won’t benefit if the SPL’s revamp plan gets voted through.

Opponents of the proposed 12-12-18 league set-up have expressed concerns that it could lead to the Gers being fast-tracked up to the division below the top one.

But Milne insisted that won’t happen. He said: “Rangers would have to earn the right to reach the top division, the same as anyone else.”

Milne also reassured Aberdeen FC fans their club would survive if the plans are rejected when the SPL clubs meet at Hampden on Monday.

i read this as a subtle bit of bullying to the 17 clubs who will be in the bottom 18. Vote for this and you'll have Rangers there with you and the big pay day and sponsorship it'll bring.

By virtue of the fact he reassures fans that AFC will survive if the plans are rejected says the opposite to me. I think the top Clubs are bricking it. I think any reconstruction that involves guaranteeing Rangers matches for SKY is all they want. It would suit their purposes to pay us a pittance for this, creaming off the lion's share for themselves.

The SKY deal is key. Without it there is no sponsorship.

Like others, I'm pretty sure this is meant to be a takeover, and that they will form a newco to escape their legal bills and what comes out of the Hood court case. Without reconstruction (read newco SPL and a SKY deal) there will be Armageddon.

I can't remember anyone saying this would also be in Rangers' interests. For a Club whose revenue generation is essential to everything, an outsider would find our omission in all of this extremely strange.

But there again, what we are about to witness is a right royal shafting by any other name.

The "Now or never!" slogan is only true for the SPL. For I do expect that they might not be a SPL in 6 months time, if people press forth with their law cases and money demands. Now or never is the only way for the SPL teams to remain at the top of the pile, lese, once their league goes bust, they would have no league to play in ... and enter the SFL at the bottom. They are desperate and self-interested to the core.

The "Now or never!" slogan is only true for the SPL. For I do expect that they might not be a SPL in 6 months time, if people press forth with their law cases and money demands. Now or never is the only way for the SPL teams to remain at the top of the pile, lese, once their league goes bust, they would have no league to play in ... and enter the SFL at the bottom. They are desperate and self-interested to the core.

Agreed. All the more reason for not allowing any of the SPL cabal anywhere near a driving seat. They've already crashed one car.

Good governance of the whole game should be the key agenda. And I don't see anyone who's presently involved as having any credentials in that area.