Time To Back Charles Green

Walter Smith is an honest man who would recognise that he doesn't have the business skills to be the CEO of mGlasgow Rangers. I suspect that he is enjoying retirement too much for day to day involvement. Given what has emerged over recent days, I don't know if Charles Green can match Walter's honesty. However, I just can't accept that there are not many people around who will have superior business skills to CG and other skills e.g. communication who would better suited to providing sound and credible leadership at what is a great football club. There is a distinction between CG departing the club and remaining as CEO.

What the hell are Smith's business qualifications or track record to be a CEO? At least Green has had those roles before.

The support will always be divided for one reason and another, to think Green's departure would make any significant difference to that is deluded.

Have you actually even bothered to have a look at Green's track record?

Feel free exactly to tell me where in that long sorry tale of separating shareholders from their cash and making it vanish into thin air, where Green's credentials are hiding, I've looked till the cows came home and still I see nothing but wealth destruction.

Makes grim reading, unless you start asking questions ...

• £25k cheque bounces but accounts 3 days later show £25k amount being withdrawn as ‘loan’

So what?

• Duff&Duffer say they have a ‘legally binding contract’ to sell to 5088 so that’s either backing up Whytes claim that he owned the assets and they were transferred without permission or a claim for against D&P for breach of contract selling to sevco Scotland .

That was pre-CVA stuff and Whyte owned Rangers as he owned all the shares. Once the CVA failed, the admins (as far as I am aware) got full control of Rangers FC, assets and all. I would assume that Whyte, had he had any claims whatsoever, would have turned to the admins or the Court of Session to make his claims about ownership and whatnot?

• Not one of Greens claims has materialised, Adidas deal, Dallas Cowboys, Murray Park naming rights never happened, 500million global audience from where?

Yes, for the time being. We have a Puma deal, a shirt deal, and possibly a stadium naming-rights deal - all promised - essentially tied up. Who says that the rest will not follow in weeks or months or, for that matter, in years to come. Did he put a date on anything bar the renaming of Murray Park? Maybe he and the directors had a change of heart? If so, what of it?

• If Whyte can prove they were in it together however briefly then Green has lied to SFA for licence and it’ll be void.

Every new owner of Rangers would have had to deal with Whyte pre-CVA, that was and is clear to the SFA. Once the CVA failed, Whyte was and is out of the equation - unless something is proven to the contrary.

• How much of the £22m is liquid cash and not promissory notes (whereby someone promises to pay money at a later date) so shares were sold on the condition that money would be transferred at some point in the future. Not saying this happened here but all shares could have been bought with promissory notes to pay in the future so the company could be owed £22m and have nowt in the bank.

Oh yes, a valid point. But honestly, do anyone on here believe that business and financial details will be leaked to the public like it happened with the confidental HMRC data?

• £137.5k that was paid to green allegedly by whyte is coincidentally equal to a 4 way split of the 10% deposit of the purchase price of £5.5m, odd!

Pre-CVA payment that became irrelevant after the CVA failed. Unless proven otherwise, Whyte has no part in Sevco Scotland, to which the assets et al of Rangers FC were sold.

• Why haven’t BDO moved to start a case of gratuitous alienation (deliberately selling assets undervalue at the expense of creditors) could it be that £5.5m was a fair price for the business EXCLUDING the stadia and that Bomber was right about the ‘title deeds’?

Maybe they ask D&P that?

• Why did Whyte move to stop companies house from dissolving his liberty capital/liberty corporate vehicle which was the company that held the floating charge over the assets? Surely if he no longer had the rights to them then the company is useless?

Yep, valid question, but does it need to be tied to the assets. That floating charge ... who backed this and with what money, if any? That gained from Ticketus? Just asking.

I'm not taking side with Green here, just asking questions and, while I am at it, demand the same that we demanded during the HMRC/EBT cases: "not guilty until proven". People may jump in with "but he lied about" this or that. Sure, he went over the top with some rather enthusiastic remarks. That does not put him in the same bracket as Whyte though, nor into liason with this chap. Hence, while I am no fan of McMurdo, here I agree with him and will keep a wary, but likewise open eye on our CEO.

Edited by der Berliner

Somebody gag him.. and quick

By ANDY GORAM

IN the eyes of many Rangers fans, Charles Green is in the last chance saloon.

He’s sat there all on his own.

After two weeks of turmoil most of the goodwill the Ibrox chief executive worked tirelessly to build up has gone.

Almost overnight the outspoken Yorkshireman is back to square one with the Gers support.

I don’t know if that will worry him or not. It certainly should.

Because for a lot of Rangers fans the alarm bells are ringing again.

They’ve been here before and this was the man who vowed they’d NEVER be back again.

I’m in America enjoying the Masters at the amazing Augusta National.

The Patrons don’t allow you to take your mobile out on to the golf course.

That’s probably just as well because back at my digs mine has been red hot with updates from Ibrox. Is there no escaping this madness? And that’s how the majority of Gers fans feel.

Just when it seemed things were looking up... BANG.

The Scottish Sun revelations about the six-figure sum lodged by Craig Whyte in the bank account of Imran Ahmad’s mum raises serious questions.

The £25,000 cheque Whyte allegedly lodged in Green’s account is another episode that casts doubt over everything Green is saying.

Why is Green looking for money from Whyte? Is there more to their relationship than Green has previously claimed? Is Green, just like Whyte did, lying to the Rangers fans? I’ve no doubt the truth will come out. It simply has to.

Walter Smith is seeking urgent talks with Green as he considers his own Ibrox future. I believe most board members are in favour of that meeting taking place in the next three to four days.

Green faces a real grilling and rightly so. He’s talked the talk since he snapped up Rangers for £5.5million last summer. But he most certainly hasn’t walked the walk.

As a Yorkshireman he says what he likes and likes what he says.

That has always been the problem. Someone needs to gag him and quick.

I mean, he was going to rename Murray Park and that hasn’t happened yet. He claimed Manchester United wanted Rangers in the Premiership when an Old Trafford spokesman insisted that wasn’t the case.

Real Madrid and Barcelona were also keen for Gers to join La Liga, while there was a commercial deal on the table with the Dallas Cowboys.

Green also claimed that Rangers had a potential worldwide audience of 500million and that the club were targeting 19 players last summer, five of who were featuring at Euro 2012.

All nonsense. Yet for a while none of this damaged Green.

He’d stood up for the Rangers fans, he’d carried the club’s fight to the SFA and to the media and he’d raised £22m from a successful share issue.

But, I’m sorry, in the 21st century referring to Mr Ahmad as his ‘little P**i friend’ is completely unacceptable.

The fact it took Green half a week to apologise is arguably more deplorable.

There are certain standards you expect from people representing Rangers. In recent times, Green has fallen way short.

The person I feel most sorry for is my old mucker Ally McCoist.

If Green has asked him to consider sacking Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall then it puts the Rangers boss in an impossible position.

The timing of it all stinks too. Coisty’s just led Rangers to the Third Division title. He and his players should be celebrating a job well done.

But the shine has been completely taken off their achievements.

After all he’s been through, that’s the LAST thing Ally needs or deserves.

But I’ll tell you what, this will only make him stronger.

What a manager he’s going to make.

Even Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t been through what Coisty has been through.

I saw him last week and he had a steely look of determination in his eyes.

He wants to take Rangers back to the top and I believe he’s prepared to move heaven and earth to make that happen.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4883728/Somebody-gag-him-and-quick.html

Walter to be CEO, chief strategist and sole spokesman.

I have had a feeling this will eventually happen.

In the situation we are in the qualifications thing for a CEO goes out the window, its not the average CEO position. Its about steering a club away from the shit that has been stirred up and having a person doing it where everyone knows his background and the media wont be able to tarnish him.

Edited by Gribz

I actually like Green, a man who speaks his mind is ok in my books

TBH I do also.

I think he totally underestimated the goldfish bowl of Glasgow and the attention / agenda the media spotlight disgusting put on people.

Thats not to say he is 100% honest or in the clear over these allegations RE Whyte of late.