The Right to question

It's good to know that SFA chief Stewart Regan is prepared to wait for the result of the Pinsent Mason investigation into alleged links between Charles Green and Craig Whyte. Perhaps after the last SPL enquiry into Rangers, which left a number of people with enough egg on their faces to make the mother of all omelettes (probably in a witches cauldron) lessons are being learned.

Of course there is a caveat to all this â?? Mr Regan reserves the right to ask further questions of Rangers should he not be satisfied with the Pinsent Mason report. I knew in time Mr Regan and I would find some common ground. You see I understand and empathise totally with the feeling of not being satisfied with answers.

Perhaps whilst he and Mr Doncaster are at a loose end, awaiting the aforementioned report, they could provide some answers to questions I have.

How did the SFA arrive at the decision to strip Rangers of various domestic honours when no trial or hearing had taken place and the allegations against the club were not proven ?

Who was present at that meeting and is there a recorded minute of that meeting ?

Was there a vote on the matter and if so who voted ?

The punitive measures contained in that 5 way agreement are far more draconian than the punishments meted out to the Italian clubs involved in the Italian match fixing scandal, why was it felt, the untried and unconvicted Rangers merited a more serious punishment than those involved in match fixing ?

Who proposed that the stripping of domestic honours be inserted into the agreement ? Was there a vote taken with regard to this motion ?

Given one of the fundamental precepts of the European Law on Human Rights is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, would the SFA concede that their handling of the Rangers situation constitutes a breach of those rights ?

In hindsight, irrespective of the arguments of conflicts of interests, was it wise to appoint Harper Macleod as â??low levelâ? intelligence gatherers in the SPL investigation given their long running association with Cetlic FC, a likely beneficiary should Rangers be stripped of those domestic honours ?

When one of Harper Macleod's â??low level intelligence gatherersâ?, who was present at a meeting involving Rangers, (I presume for the purpose of intelligence gathering) launched a verbal attack on the Rangers representatives, was this not an indication to the SPL that perhaps their â??low level intelligence gatherersâ? were acting in manner which was neither objective or neutral not to mention unprofessional ? Why then were their services retained until the conclusion of the enquiry ?

Rangers had a transfer embargo imposed upon them which they successfully challenged at the Edinburgh Court of Session, Lord Glennie ruling in favour of Rangers. Why then does that transfer embargo still stand ?

What's that Mr Regan ?

Who the hell do I think I am and why am I asking these questions of you, as opposed to our press corps or Rangers FC themselves ?

That sir, is perhaps the best question of them all.

You forgot questions regarding Craig Whyte i.e.

1) at what point was the SFA aware of Whyte's business history?

2) at what point were the SFA informed Whyte wasn't paying over PAYE/NI deductions?

In response to q1 do not believe the SFA were unaware of Whyte's background. I believe Regan said he didn't know of Whyte's business history until Daly's documentary which I don't believe.

In response to q2 I believe our JT informed the SFA about 4 or 5 months before administration PAYE/NI wasn't being paid. Did the SFA know & what action was taken ?

You forgot questions regarding Craig Whyte i.e.

1) at what point was the SFA aware of Whyte's business history?

2) at what point were the SFA informed Whyte wasn't paying over PAYE/NI deductions?

In response to q1 do not believe the SFA were unaware of Whyte's background. I believe Regan said he didn't know of Whyte's business history until Daly's documentary which I don't believe.

In response to q2 I believe our JT informed the SFA about 4 or 5 months before administration PAYE/NI wasn't being paid. Did the SFA know & what action was taken ?

Don't gloss over the other obvious question: Who told Jim Traynor 4 or 5 months before administration that PAYE/NI wasn't being paid?

Great read again D'Art. :tu:

Regan is in denial as to what's happened and still happening. He's also another bare-faced liar who's played a key role in this saga.

I do not believe that Regan and Doncaster will get away with the same conduct again. Although it seems at times as if we are no better off than we were at this time last year, we are in a stronger position than we were then. Neither the fans, nor the club, would tolerate again the attacks that took place on our club.

No idea. Who was it?

I don't know either, but I think it's an interesting question because someone must have told him. He didn't find out from a fortune cookie.

I don't know either, but I think it's an interesting question because someone must have told him. He didn't find out from a fortune cookie.

its not just our defence thats leaky.

good question but with every other bloody email and phone call on the web anything or any body could be responsible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I do not believe that Regan and Doncaster will get away with the same conduct again. Although it seems at times as if we are no better off than we were at this time last year, we are in a stronger position than we were then. Neither the fans, nor the club, would tolerate again the attacks that took place on our club.

BM, same thing crossed my mind today, that there is now a sense of enough is enough.

If they try it on, I can see Regan and Doncaster on the next coach out of Dodge.

I like the tentative sounds of unity amongst ourselves - even it's temporary.

We do really need solidarity and unity of action just now.

That might just be the way to put a stop to all this nonsense.

BM, same thing crossed my mind today, that there is now a sense of enough is enough.

If they try it on, I can see Regan and Doncaster on the next coach out of Dodge.

I like the tentative sounds of unity amongst ourselves - even it's temporary.

We do really need solidarity and unity of action just now.

That might just be the way to put a stop to all this nonsense.

It seems to me that this sense of requiring the support to be more solid and less brittle is growing stronger. It seems to me that the fans feel that the club and the support have been under siege for long enough. Leaving our own board to the side for the moment, we know that the major villains are the mhedia, Doncaster, Lawwell and Regan. We can deal with the mhedia by starving them but just how do we deal with the other three. Everybody has complained and said that they have to go, but how do we get rid of them? They seem to be cocooned and free from having to face responsibility to both the Rangers fans and indeed Scottish football as a whole. We have seen the club go after them with the embargo and win but this was frowned upon by FIFA and UEFA which allowed them to come back with their 5-way agreement and blackmail us in to cooperating to get our licence. These questions that D'Art and the other posters have posed require to be answered and since the mhedia wont ask them we need another vehicle to be allowed to pose them ourselves. D'Art may have given us the answer with his question - " Given one of the fundamental precepts of the European Law on Human Rights is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, would the SFA concede that their handling of the Rangers situation constitutes a breach of those rights ? " I don't know the proper name but I'm sure there must be something along the lines of the European Council for Human Rights. I don't know who to contact for the RFFF, but I can't think of a better place for that money to go than to force Regan et al to defend some kind of a case before such a Council. If the club can't take them to task then surely shareholders of the past and/or present holding companies who ran/run Rangers can get a fair hearing - free from any pressure from FIFA or UEFA on the club - and answers to these questions that are just hanging there and at the same time force the media to carry the story. This would surely cause a clear out, forced by FIFA or UEFA of the SFA, SPL and the Professional Game Board. I'm sure if such an action was practical then the fans would solidly throw their support behind it. We know the mhedia will come back at us accusing us of destroying Scottish football etc. They can have the option of paying us back all of the money they witheld from us and freely answer the questions, or not. I shall now wait to be slaughtered, but surely we have to do something other than throw barbs.