SFA allowed Whyte ownership (despite warnings from the likes of AJ) & at what point did they know he wasn't paying PAYE/NI andwhy did they take no action ?

Was Whyte a 'fit & proper person' ? looks like negligence from the governing body IMO.

If the SFA had done their job properly then Whyte wouldn't have got Rangers in the first place and the SPL wouldn't have then voted to throw Rangers out the SPL. The SPL should have waited until all investigations had been completed(COULD TAKE YEARS) before embarking on any such punishments.

I very much doubt you would get any of those points to stick. There is always a question when is the right time to act. All the SFA need to say is we were looking at the evidence and looking in to take action. Murray brought Whyte in not Regan that point will never stick. As much as I would love to see the SFA\SPL punished it won't be on these points.

I very much doubt you would get any of those points to stick. There is always a question when is the right time to act. All the SFA need to say is we were looking at the evidence and looking in to take action. Murray brought Whyte in not Regan that point will never stick. As much as I would love to see the SFA\SPL punished it won't be on these points.

The biggest question however is just how Whyte managed to get Rangers. I just don't believe SDM got duped. I believe LBG played a big part in this sale and we know who was in charge of their Scottish business division at that time. That said I also believe Whyte's colourful business history should have been easy enough to find out about & the takeover should never have happened. Had the SFA done their job properly then all of what occurred could have been prevented. Was someone in the SFA influencing things ? A certain individual known for his penchant for bogus Japanese tours ?

The biggest question however is just how Whyte managed to get Rangers. I just don't believe SDM got duped. I believe LBG played a big part in this sale and we know who was in charge of their Scottish business division at that time. That said I also believe Whyte's colourful business history should have been easy enough to find out about & the takeover should never have happened. Had the SFA done their job properly then all of what occurred could have been prevented. Was someone in the SFA influencing things ? A certain individual known for his penchant for bogus Japanese tours ?

Unfortunately thinking and being able to prove are 2 completely different things.

Was a search into the character by the SFA a must or just an option? Was it always done also at other clubs? I only heard of it after the Whyte disaster. As for LBG again that would be almost impossible to prove as all they really did was force someone who had a tower flat of debt to get rid of one of his assets which had a massive Tax debt hanging over it. If this debt was not hanging over us then Lloyds would never have allowed Murray to sell for 1 pound with Ibrox and MP being highly sellable assets.

As DÁrt keeps saying the HMRC leaking information to the beeb and the RTC was the load breaking our back.

As for Whyte and Ticketus well I hope the Police deal with that. That was a criminal act.

So what exactly is the plan for the rfff money? Does anyone know? How much is left?

Great article D'art. I think it's important we keep these thoughts close to the surface as we continue our rise. The deep seated bitterness we all feel needs to be excorcised at some point and I think the one thing that genuinely unifies us all is the need for some kind of justice.

Unfortunately thinking and being able to prove are 2 completely different things.

Was a search into the character by the SFA a must or just an option? Was it always done also at other clubs? I only heard of it after the Whyte disaster. As for LBG again that would be almost impossible to prove as all they really did was force someone who had a tower flat of debt to get rid of one of his assets which had a massive Tax debt hanging over it. If this debt was not hanging over us then Lloyds would never have allowed Murray to sell for 1 pound with Ibrox and MP being highly sellable assets.

As DÁrt keeps saying the HMRC leaking information to the beeb and the RTC was the load breaking our back.

As for Whyte and Ticketus well I hope the Police deal with that. That was a criminal act.

What 'massive tax debt hanging over it' do you mean? it was a fictitious debt which never existed. HMRC are yet to win an EBT case. EBT's were perfectly legal until the tax loop was closed.

As for LBG ? C'mon don't you think the police will be quizzing them about how Whyte got Rangers ? were they quite happy to accept the £18m 'no questions asked' which he got from ticketus ? why were LBG so concerned about Rangers when MIH had much more greater debt ? I'm sure Fullerton & Kane could answer that one.

As for HMRC then that's what happens when THEY get into positions in this type of government organisation. THEY cannot be trusted & never will be. THEY are what THEY are.

What 'massive tax debt hanging over it' do you mean? it was a fictitious debt which never existed. HMRC are yet to win an EBT case. EBT's were perfectly legal until the tax loop was closed.

As for LBG ? C'mon don't you think the police will be quizzing them about how Whyte got Rangers ? were they quite happy to accept the £18m 'no questions asked' which he got from ticketus ? why were LBG so concerned about Rangers when MIH had much more greater debt ? I'm sure Fullerton & Kane could answer that one.

As for HMRC then that's what happens when THEY get into positions in this type of government organisation. THEY cannot be trusted & never will be. THEY are what THEY are.

Fictitious or not it was believed by any potential buyers and yes the the HMRC leaks should be fully investigated by the police. I also find it incredible that they can catch hackers of banks and government agencies all over the world but they are lost when it comes to the makers of the RTC website. I made an agreement on the price of a house today but not once did the seller ask me where the money was coming from. If the bank had to investigate where everyone was getting their money they would need a million employees. Don't forget 18 million is peanuts for a bank. If I remember right Murray was also forced to sell one of his most prestigious buildings in Edinburgh so it was not just Rangers he had to sell.

I think you are flogging a dead horse with that mate, Whether we think they are guilty or not, there will never be any prosecutions simply because it can never be proved.

Fictitious or not it was believed by any potential buyers and yes the the HMRC leaks should be fully investigated by the police. I also find it incredible that they can catch hackers of banks and government agencies all over the world but they are lost when it comes to the makers of the RTC website. I made an agreement on the price of a house today but not once did the seller ask me where the money was coming from. If the bank had to investigate where everyone was getting their money they would need a million employees. Don't forget 18 million is peanuts for a bank. If I remember right Murray was also forced to sell one of his most prestigious buildings in Edinburgh so it was not just Rangers he had to sell.

I think you are flogging a dead horse with that mate, Whether we think they are guilty or not, there will never be any prosecutions simply because it can never be proved.

Your comparison with a house sale is nonsense. Your solicitor and/or the seller's solicitors would check out the source of funds & whether acceptable or not.

£18M may be peanuts to a bank but that is not the point. They have a legal obligation to determine whether or not the source of these funds is legitimate or not i.e. it could have been laundered money

Guest nvager

I believe the OP is correct in that we were very badly treated, but again I also believe we will have to wait the outcome of the police investigations before any action against the SFA/SPL can be considered.

I believe the OP is correct in that we were very badly treated, but again I also believe we will have to wait the outcome of the police investigations before any action against the SFA/SPL can be considered.

I dont know what relevance the Police investigations will have NVA with regard to our treatment from the SFA/SPL - unless you are suggesting their has been a failing on due dilligence on the SFA part re Whyte.