Another look at Keiran Prior

Is Ally on £750,000 a year? That can't be right surely.

I seen someone on twitter say it was in a prospectus or IPO document or something. You could add up every salary for every manager of every club in SFL1, 2 and 3 and their TOTAL wouldn't come near what Ally takes home himself. It's everything that is wrong with our club. Are the club getting value for money from that outlay? The same can be said for the money we are paying executives, directors and even players. We are losing money faster and sillier than we ever did under David Murray.

More importantly what are his ties to murray and why the change in the closeness of the ties from hardly knowing him to a friendly relationship, still a fellow from a devout west of Ireland family is obviously going to have the well being of the premier Scottish Presbyterian estate foremost on his and his allies agendas.

So the Record got his IQ wrong. Surely that just says something about the Record rather then Prior?

Can't really blame the Record for that..For what it's worth here's an example from August 2010....

Prior has an IQ of 234, although it was once measured as 238 on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale at university. This was so high that they asked him to retake the test a couple of times.

And although, now aged 30, he’s lost four points (“We all decline,” he says ruefully) this still puts him in the top one per cent of the top one per cent.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features/2010/08/05/%E2%80%98religion-and-the-city-go-hand-in-hand%E2%80%99/

it is right or close enough.

while i accept it's not value for money it is the going rate for a rangers manager.

I'd say it's probably a reasonable amount less than the going rate.

You only need to look at the EBT's for Advocaat - £1.5m, Eck - £1.7m & PLG - £200k and then figure in that their basic was probably at least what Ally's on never mind bonuses.

It may be the going rate for a Rangers manager but our turnover and income is not the going rate for a Rangers football club so all salaries should be in relevance and with that in mind, no one person should be earning almost £1m per year with us right now.

As for UCFs post above, guys like McLeish, Advocaat and PLG were earning top dollar because the club was bringing in top dollar, i'd imagine our turnover this year is about a 1/4 of what it would normally be, maybe slightly more.

We cannot afford players on £10k-£15k per week right now and we certainly cannot afford a manager on £750k per year. I fear the club is going to accept 3 or 4 huge annual losses until we get back to the top and i think that is wrong. We have learned nothing from previous regimes.

Maybe we wait for actual figures, not some imagined/guessed/assumed salaries and wages that we can hardly verify at this moment?

Agree completely dB...there is absolutely NO WAY Ally is taking £750,000 a year out the club, it's ridiculous - where does this rubbish come from?