Jobs For The Boys?

Not really true, and even then it's seen as a bonus.

it's more than a bonus. it's actively sought by boards and fans. infact rangers probably have one of the lowest records for appointing ex players if you allow for walter never really having been a player.

That's an interesting observation, who do you have in mind? I can only think of Durrant and Jim Stewart as ex-Rangers players, none of the rest played for us that I can think of. I know Gordon Durie has been linked to us today, has he actually got the job?

Ally was assistant manager, Neil Murray was a scout as was John Brown, youth team coaches have been ex-players quite frequently as well.

Is it just not possible that Gordon Durie has been appointed because he is considered to be a good coach?

His track record doesn't jump out.

This is the important question for me. What would McCoist point to in support of Durie's appointment?

He might be good or bad but what it McCoist's supporting rationale?

It doesn't matter what happens down Govan way these days, it is met with a hail of criticism.

As fans, we have been complacent in the past by not questioning what was happening at the club but we are turning into a bunch of control freaks and moaning minnies.

A ball has not been kicked yet the negativity surrounding everything at the club is nauseating.

I've got my season ticket and am looking forward to the new season. I wish the players and staff success for the coming season, with hopefully much good football on display.

This is the important question for me. What would McCoist point to in support of Durie's appointment?

He might be good or bad but what it McCoist's supporting rationale?

He has experience as assistant Manager at East Fife, then caretaker manager and then given the job full time.

Shows progression and happy employers. It's not as if he's going to be manager, assistant manager or even head coach at Rangers - it's kind of a step down in role but a step up in club status.

Worth noting he actually started his playing career at Methil.

Other credentials are a successful playing career for Hibernian, Chelsea, Tottenham, Rangers and Hearts, with 43 caps for Scotland and playing in the World Cup and European Championships. I think he won six SPL championships with Rangers.

Maybe that's not enough for some...