League Cup Draw: Forfar v Rangers

Doubt many can name all nine teams in our league at the moment. That will change when the season starts. It's a bit early and not terribly exciting...

Completely agree.... so long as by "not terribly exciting" you mean in terms of our opponents...

Because, when it comes to the Gers, I am actually REALLY excited about this season - I know, I know. forever the optimist :D

They'll be celebrating at Station Park today. Big big pay day getting drawn against us.

As a home game they'll earn less than their league homes against us as they have to give us a portion of the gate...

Completely agree.... so long as by "not terribly exciting" you mean in terms of our opponents...

Because, when it comes to the Gers, I am actually REALLY excited about this season - I know, I know. forever the optimist :D

Yes, I meant the opposition - they are interesting but not exciting. Looking forward to the new season too.

I was hoping to take in the Brechin game as I'll be in Aberdeen the night before - although the 12:45 kick off could be a killer knowing the amount of drinking I tend do with my friends there, and will be driving to Glasgow the next day.

Can you pay at the gate these days, or pick up spares?

Im jumping on your back with that one Craig....expecting an all gungho season and rightly so. As previously discussed, no excuses....time to send a message out to the rest.

They'll sell a lot of bridies in forfar that day!

Went up there for the 1969/70 scottish cup tie.When our bus pulled into the parking lot,the local bakers vans were parked right in front of the turnstiles,the smell of the pies and bridies was brilliant,and tasted just as good.

We had a great day up there,the locals were really friendly,even after our 7-0 victory.:rfc:

Over 10,000 at the game that day,how many are allowed now-a-days?

I agree entirely Craig, I am expecting big improvement this season compared to last season. Last season,for me anyway,was just about winning the league,however this season I am expecting too be in the mix for winning the cups as well as winning the league,no excuses.

As a home game they'll earn less than their league homes against us as they have to give us a portion of the gate...

Yes, but a cut of almost 7000 tickets is better than a cut of 1500!!

I am actually REALLY excited about this season - I know, I know. forever the optimist :D

Im jumping on your back with that one Craig....expecting an all gungho season and rightly so. As previously discussed, no excuses....time to send a message out to the rest.

I agree entirely Craig, I am expecting big improvement this season compared to last season. Last season,for me anyway,was just about winning the league,however this season I am expecting too be in the mix for winning the cups as well as winning the league,no excuses.

I felt that way last season more so because of what went before...alas last season was the worst in our history with some dire football and shameful defeats to the like of Annan at Ibrox.

I'm a wee bit reluctant to say we'll skoosh the league this year after what I saw last year, a wasted year tbh.

But as ever I remain hopeful...it'll only take 2 games into the season for me to see what's going on with our team and if it isn't going right you'll hear me.