Can McAusland win a start at def mid?

Guest nvager

I have not seen him play, but reports have looked good. Can he beat out Black for a spot? No idea yet if Peralta is good or not.

I just don't see where we are going to fit everybody in. Worry that it will be the young ones who miss out.

Such a shame that after a whole season of mediocre midfield performances in the third division, Black and Hutton may yet retain their places. Fingers crossed for Mcleod and Law.

I was hoping Hutton would be moved on. I think Black deserves another chance.

I was hoping Hutton would be moved on. I think Black deserves another chance.

I would punt Black. Don't rate him at all - not sure what he has done to deserve another chance either.

Hutton should be loaned out, he was woeful since January, while Black at least gave the 100% he has. Which was still more than all the others bar Wallace, Little and Alexander showed.

McAusland ... whatever is being written of late, he's a centre half by trade. Why we used him somewhere else is anyone's guess, but I would assume that Hegarty and Gasparotto have eclipsed him there. Faure is most likely ahead as well, both as CH and defensive midfielder. But one never knows what will happen till the end of August.

As others have said already, I don't see the young lad getting much of a chance. He'd be better going out on loan till Xmas and see how things are at that point. If we get a spree of injuries he can always be called back from his loan.