Are your expectations lifted?

Put the power battles aside for a moment.

We are only three pre-season games into the campaign but there is a very noticeable feel good factor about the club compared to 12 months ago.

Ally McCoist believes his squadâ??s pre-season preparations are incomparable to last year.

There seems to be a more serious professional approach by the players this time around, there's an urgency about the players that simply wasn't there last year and also coming to an end is the illegal transfer embargo.

Me personally? I have never doubted our return to the top table in season 2015-16 , my main worry was how unprepared we were on challenging for the title on that return and I'm talking WINNING the title back at the first attempt.

I now feel we have a real chance realistically of doing just that

I know it's early doors, but can anyone else feel the sense of change?

Has Ally's signings and approach this season made you believe we are on the road to future glory?

I'm convinced we are....A week is a long time in politics, the same can be said about football and Rangers in particular.

I am quite comfortable with the way the team looks and feels right now. We are able to show at least alright performances at this early stage of the pre- season. However, Ally's signing policy is something I still regard with a little bit of a surprised face. This is a huge team and supposedly he still wants to bring people in. You're not gonna be able to keep up a roster of 30- 32 players. That means 20 people can not stand on the park. I understand a wide variation of players is important, especially as the season goes into the last games and injuries and fatigue come into play, but people will get frustrated when they don't play. If Ally's got a greater plan with this, he needs to communicate it.

Anyway, I'm optimistic overall.

I wouldn't say lifted, even before we started pre season i fully expected us to romp the league, win the Ramsdens Cup and, avoiding Celtic on route, make Hampden in both domestic Cups. Everything is in place, there are absolutely no excuses this year.

I wouldn't say lifted, even before we started pre season i fully expected us to romp the league, win the Ramsdens Cup and, avoiding Celtic on route, make Hampden in both domestic Cups. Everything is in place, there are absolutely no excuses this year.

Well said mate.

I'm keeping myself firmly grounded and leaving my expectations exactly the same as they were last season: Top priority is to win the league (outright and easily without having to enter any play offs!).

I'll view winning a cup (even the Ramsden's) as a bonus.

You can't even expect the most expensive Rangers team of all time with a top international manager to win a cup in any given season... If it was that straightforward we'd have won the treble far more times than we have, and not had any barren seasons.

We have a reasonably strong side but no better than a top six SPL side (and certainly not Celtic) and not a patch on previous Rangers sides without the money and division situations.

The difference between the league and a cup is that in a league you can have a few off days or unlucky days, lose the game and still win the league by a distance. In a cup, it just takes a bad day at the office to put you out. It's what the romance is all about with so called shocks being pretty commonplace.

I would be hopeful we could win the Ramsden Cup as we should be the best team by a fair distance. However, the cups will throw up the SPL sides and while I think we have the edge on 11 of them, an edge is not enough to expect a definite win. I'm still optimistic though.

I would argue we have the best squad in Scotland outwith Celtic.

If we can get the CB area sorted out & maybe a wee bit more MF creativity then I'd go as far as to say we would match Celtic. CB top priority though.

I think we're getting carried away with our standard of player, many of whom are from the teams we think we are much better than. I'm sure we'll be hearing how rubbish we are as the season progresses... I think most fans know far more about their own players than other teams which makes them think they are better than they are - as they must be better than unheard of players in other teams.

I also think we're the second best but not by much and while I don't really know Celtic's team right now (or really care), their CL showing last season (even if fluky) suggests to me that they are a level above us at the moment, not surprisingly. The players we've been signing are below the standard we would have been looking at had HMRC and Whyte never darkened our door. We'd be building a team to beat Celtic and we'd need at least our previous standard of squad to do so.

I don't think with our first team of three or four seasons ago we'd be frightened of any team picked from our current squad whether it was Hearts, Aberdeen or Celtic.