SFA To Make No Further Ibrox Probe

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/rangers-sfa-to-make-no-further-ibrox-probe-1-3003679

THE SFA have told Rangers that the ruling body wonâ??t be launching a further enquiry into last yearâ??s takeover of the club by the consortium fronted by Charles Green.

Revelations of taped conversations between discredited former owner Craig Whyte with Green and business partner Imran Ahmad prompted then chairman Malcolm Murray to commission an independent investigation of that buy-out by law firm Pinsent Mason.

Although their report cleared Green (who stood down as chief executive in April) and Ahmad (removed as finance director at Ibrox the same month) SFA CEO Stewart Regan claimed in May that they may launch their own investigation. â??We have asked a number of specific questions relating to what went on in the period leading up to liquidation and the period surrounding the transfer of membership,â? he said. â??There are some very specific questions we have asked that require some very specific answers. If we donâ??t get those answers, we reserve the right to further investigation.

â??The nature of the questions we have asked relate to the links between Green, Ahmad and Whyte, the details surrounding money that was lodged in Ahmadâ??s motherâ??s bank account and various conversations that allegedly took place.â?

However, it emerged last night that the SFA have decided that there is no case for Green and Ahmad to answer. On the basis of the evidence they have seen from the Pinsent Mason findings, they have ruled that there is no requirement for the issue to be referred to compliance officer Vincent Lunny.

Good news...

Green was daft to leave himself open to such accusations but Whyte was always a necessary hurdle to any prospective buyer. Now the club and SFA have ruled the same we now need to move on.

Edited by Frankie

The Insolvency Service are now involved and they'll be fully investigating Whyte, the takeover and the role played by the likes of LBG, They'll also probably want to investigate HMRC and why they allowed Whyte to run up such a large PAYE/NI non-payment and who knew about this and took no action i.e. the SFA who are supposed to be the governing body of Scottish football.

The SFA (Regan in particular) may yet have more than a few questions to answer regards Whyte's ownership of Rangers.

Craig Whyte provides BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin with off the record briefings. Chris sets up a couple of formal interviews to be seen garnering the information. Concurrently, Charlotte Fakes arrives on the scene and attempts to replicate the RTC Blog success. The usual suspects, Cosgrove, Spence, English, Delahunt, ............... etc reinforce the veracity and impact of Charlotte Fakes as it's drip fed over a number of weeks. Regan gives a live interview on BBC Radio Scotland and announces the SFA will be looking at information in the public domain.

The choreography is well rehearsed and I suspect becoming increasingly obvious.

Like the RTC Blog, it's another fail but the fallout has ran interference on the club's progress.

I wonder if Whyte, Green, Ahmed, et al have knowingly utilised the bilious BBC Scotland's offices to progress their own agendas, which are NOT to the benefit of Rangers? Oh, and another thing, I note yesterday's reports that 48% of Scots feel BBC Scotland accurately reflects and reports the views and aspirations of Scots. Hands up if you were genuinely surprised they reached 48%.

The BBC high heid yins in London must be wondering at that 48% approval level. I'm surprised by that result. Generally, excepting their approach to Rangers, I tend to regard the BBC as my main news source, although not my only source.

... Oh, and another thing, I note yesterday's reports that 48% of Scots feel BBC Scotland accurately reflects and reports the views and aspirations of Scots. Hands up if you were genuinely surprised they reached 48%.

Now, we have a very special "relation" to BBC Scotland, mainly via their football reporting. I for one woud assume that those 48%'s view on BBC Scotland is not even remotely related to their football reports et al.

Easdale should be taken to the side by Mather and Co. and being told to curb his link-up with Scrote. That said, Mather should take himself to the side and tell himself to ban half the idiots and rumour-mongers of the Scottish media first.