Rangers tax case: Hearing in HMRC's appeal over clubs use of EBTs

you mean MIH not BDO. MIH are the ones involved.

No, this is what I mean....

HMRC Statement on Rangers Football Club

"A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the companyâ??s financial affairs in recent years. A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route. Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox. It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start."

No, this is what I mean....

HMRC Statement on Rangers Football Club

"A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company’s financial affairs in recent years. A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route. Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox. It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start."

Rangers were part of MIH who ran the EBT's. Genuinely disagree with what HMRC say. Total arrogance. We won they lost. What are they on about ?

Rangers were part of MIH who ran the EBT's. Genuinely disagree with what HMRC say. Total arrogance. We won they lost. What are they on about ?

AFAIK it's because the CVA included all BTC liability, so they wouldn't have been able to pursue it further. I can't remember tbh, but I'd like to think that was the case as I wouldn't expect Green & co to gamble £5m on the outcome of the BTC even if it was other peoples money. Not to mention the ties to Whyte had the CVA been accepted.

When the decision is reversed the press will have a field day and make it something to do with us.

Why would it be reversed, two highly qualified legal people tax being their bag disagreed with a person without legal qualifications, I know what appeal decision my money is on.